NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.1 pair of linear equations in two variables in PDF for as well as online to use. These Solutions are modified as per latest CBSE Curriculum 2018-19 in both the medium (English & Hindi Medium) applicable for UP Board as well as CBSE board NCERT Books. Download (Exercise 3.1 & प्रश्नावली 3.1) in PDF form here.
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.1
Class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.1 Solutions in English Medium
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.1 in English medium is given below. Download options are given at the top of this page or on main page of NCERT Solutions Class 10 Maths Chapter 3. CLICK HERE for Hindi Medium Solutions.
Class 10 Maths chapter 3 Exercise 3.1 Solutions in Hindi Medium.
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 3 Exercise 3.1 pair of linear equations in two variables in Hindi medium is given below to use it online. Click here to go back to NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths chapter 3. Go back to English Medium Solutions.
Important terms for Pair of linear equations
- The graph of a pair of linear equations in two variables is represented by two lines.
- If the lines intersect at a point, the pair of equations is consistent. The point of intersection gives the unique solution of the equations.
- If the lines are parallel, then there is no solution the pair of linear equations is inconsistent.
- If the lines coincide, then there are infinitely many solutions. The pair of linear equations is consistent. Each point on the line is a solution of both the equations.
Important Questions for Practice
- If x = 3m –1 and y = 4 is a solution of the equation x + y = 6, then find the value of m. [Answer: m=1]
- What is the point of intersection of the line represented by 3x – 2y = 6 and the y-axis. [Answer: (0, -3)]
- In a deer park, the number of heads and number of legs of deer and human visitors were counted and it was found that there were 39 heads and 132 legs. Find the number of deer and human visitors in the park. [Answer: Dear: 27, Visitors: 12]
- For what value of p, system of equations 2x + py = 8 and x + y = 6 have no solution. [Answer: p=2]
- From Delhi station if we buy 2 tickets to station A and 3 tickets to station B, the total cost is ₹77, but if we buy 3 tickets to station A and 5 tickets to station B, the total cost is ₹124. What are fares from Delhi to station A and to station B? [Answer: ₹13, ₹17]
- A motor cyclist is moving along the line x – y = 2 and another motor cyclist is moving along the line x – y = 4 find out their moving direction. [Answer: move parallel]
- A farmer sold a calf and a cow for ₹760, thereby, making a profit of 25% on the calf and 10% on the cow. By selling them for ₹767.50, he would have realised a profit of 10% on the calf and 25% on the cow. Find the cost of each. [Answer: Cost of cow = ₹350, cost of calf = ₹300]