NCERT Solutions for class 11 PDF Download Free Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are available in PDF format to download. Visit directly through menus of follow the following links:
Curriculum Areas at Secondary Level (Class 11 & 12)
For the purpose of fostering core competence in learners, the curriculum encompasses six major learning areas, which are: Languages, Humanities, Mathematics, Science, Health and Physical Education, Performing and Visual arts. It refers to the content of learning, not the titles of subjects.
Major Contents of Each Curriculum Learning Area in Secondary Classes
- 1. Languages include Hindi, English, and another 36 languages (detailed in Curriculum Volume II) and focus on listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, along with developing effective communicating proficiencies.
- 2. Humanities (Geography, History, Economics and Political Science) include the learning of history and culture, geographical environment, global institutions, constitutional values and norms, politics, economy, interpersonal and societal interactions, civic responsibilities, and the incorporation of the above-mentioned learning into one’s life.
- 3. Performing and Visual Arts (Dance, Drama, Music, Drawing, Painting, Crafts and Sculpture) include, instruction in these arts, aiming to help learners cultivate an interest and appreciation for arts and encourage them to enthusiastically participate in related activities, thus promoting abilities such as imagination, creativity, valuing arts, and the cultural heritage.
- 4. Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Sciences) include gaining knowledge about matter and energy, nature, the environment, technology, breakthroughs in science. It will focus on knowledge and skills to develop a scientific attitude, use and application of such knowledge and skills to improve the quality of life and further use this learning to analyse, evaluate, synthesise, create, invent and discover.
- 5. Mathematics includes acquiring the concepts related to number sense, operation sense, computation, measurement, geometry, probability and statistics, the skill to calculate and organize, and the ability to apply this knowledge and acquired skills in their daily life. It also includes understanding of the principles of reasoning and problem solving.
- 6. Health and Physical Education focuses on the learning for holistic development, both mental and physical. Understanding the importance of physical fitness, health, well-being and the factors that contribute to them. Focus of this curriculum is on helping learners develop a positive attitude and commitment to lifelong, healthy active living and the capacity to live satisfying, productive lives with the help of proper health management, sports, yoga, fitness and lifestyle choices.
NCERT Solutions class 11 PDF Download Free
These six learning areas are to be integrated with each other in terms of knowledge, skills (life and livelihood), comprehension, values and attitudes. Learners should get opportunities to connect between different areas of knowledge and application. They should be encouraged to cognize and appreciate the interconnectedness of all knowledge and the enduring connection between knowledge and values. Their education should help them to connect the content of their learning areas and subjects with their own lives and the world around them. The holistic nature of human learning and knowledge should be brought forth throughout.
Main Pedagogical Outcomes for Curriculum Learning Areas:
1. Learners use language to comprehend, acquire and communicate ideas and information and to interact with others.
2. Learners identify, integrate and apply numerical and spatial concepts and techniques. They have clarity of concepts and are able to connect them to the real world.
3. Learners understand and appreciate the physical, biological and technological world and acquire the knowledge, and develop attitude, skills and values to make rational decisions in relation to it.
4. Learners understand their cultural, geographical and historical milieus and gain in depth knowledge, attitude, skills and values necessary to bring about transformation for a better India.
5. Learners rationalize and reason about pre-defined arrangements, norms and relationships in order to comprehend, decode, validate and develop relevant patterns.
6. Learners think laterally, critically, identify opportunity, challenge their potential and are open to challenges. They are aware of consequences and take ownership of their deeds.
7. Learners interact harmoniously with people and cultures from across the globe and are tolerant and empathetic towards others.
8. Learners involve themselves in cultural pursuits as well as appreciate, respect and acknowledge the artistic, cultural and intellectual work of others.
9. Learners value and engage in practices that promote personal, physical as well as mental and cognitive development, and wellbeing.
10. Learners appreciate and value everyone’s right to feel respected and safe, and, in this regard, also understand their constitutional rights as well as duties, and behave responsibly.