JEE Main Answer Key 2021 will be announced by the National Testing Agency after concluding each phase of the JEE Main exams. JEE Main 2021 answer key for the 1st phase of the exam is expected to be out by the 1st week of March 2021 on the official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in. Since JEE Main 2021 will take place in four sessions, the JEE Main answer key will also be announced separately.
The JEE Main answer key 2021 includes all the correct responses to the questions allowing candidates to calculate their expected exam scores. Students can refer to the answer key and JEE Main response sheet to challenge any particular answer to find any discrepancy. A non-refundable nominal fee of 200 INR is charged for each challenge. Read on to know more on JEE Main Answer Key, How to Download answer key, and Score vs. Rank.
JEE Main Answer Key 2021: Dates, How to Download, Score vs Rank
NTA will release separate JEE Main answer key 2021 for February, March, April, and May sessions after the exams are over. The answer key for the February session is expected to be out by 1st week of March 2021. The official update on the dates will be out soon.
JEE Main 2021 Dates
|JEE Main 2021 Exam|| February Session – Ongoing|
March – 15, 16, 17 and 18, 2021
April – 27, 28, 29, and 30, 2021
May – 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28, 2021
|JEE Main answer key 2021 (1st Phase)||1st week of March 2021 (tentative)|
How to download JEE Main Answer key 2021?
Candidates who will be appearing for the JEE Main 2021 exam can refer to the following steps for downloading the JEE Main answer key:
- Aspirants are supposed to visit the official website, jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Tap on the link – ‘JEE Main answer key’.
- Now, candidates must provide their JEE Main application number and date of birth to check the answer key.
- Tap on the submit option, and the JEE Main answer key will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates will have to download the pdf file for future use.
Downloading the JEE Main answer key will allow candidates to quickly compare their responses and promptly calculate their expected exam scores. Candidates can raise objections against responses provided in the JEE Main answer key that they think is wrong.
But at the same time, they need to provide proof supporting their challenge. The experts will consider the objections, and then the changes (if needed) will be made in the final JEE Main Answer key.
JEE Main Answer Key 2021: How scores are calculated?
Aspirants can calculate their expected score with the help of JEE Main answer key 2021. Students are supposed to refer to the beneath steps to download the answer key:
- Candidates can refer to their OMR sheet / JEE Main response sheet while comparing the marked responses with the JEE Main answer key’s answers.
- Four marks will be rewarded for every correct option, while for every incorrect option, one mark will be deducted.
- There will be no deduction for unattempted questions.
- There will be no negative marking for non-MCQ questions as well.
- Based on this marking scheme, candidates can calculate the overall scores. This way, the students can get a close estimation of the marks secured in JEE Main.
JEE Main 2021 Marking Scheme
|Type of Response||Marking Scheme|
|Correct response||Four marks awarded|
|Incorrect response||One mark deducted|
|No answer||No marks|
Please Note: Candidates must note that the score calculated this way will be an overall estimation. The authorities might cancel any question or even change the correct response in JEE Main answer key 2021. Thus, the score calculated might vary with the final JEE Main results of the candidates.
NTA’s decision on the challenges will also be considered final, and no further communication will be considered. NTA will not inform each of the students individually about the challenges. Once the subject experts review the challenges, the JEE Main Final Answer Key will be shortly released.
JEE Main 2021 Score Vs Rank
Post-calculating the expected JEE Main score, candidates can estimate their probable rank range. Beneath, we have presented an expected JEE Main Score Vs Rank range for the 2021 session:
|Score range||Expected Rank range|
|285 – 300||Above 100|
|275 – 284||100 – 200|
|260 – 274||200 – 500|
|250 – 259||500 – 1000|
|240 – 249||1000 – 1500|
|220 – 239||1500 – 3500|
|200 – 219||3500 – 6000|
|180 – 199||6000 – 9500|
|150 -180||9500 – 15000|
|120 – 149||15000 – 35000|
|< 120||More than 35000|
What is the Process to Challenge JEE Main Answer Key 2021?
NTA gives an equal opportunity to all the candidates who have given JEE Main exam to challenge the JEE Main answer key 2021 (Provisional). For the same, candidates are supposed to fill an online application and pay a processing fee worth 200 INR per question using a credit or debit card or Net banking or UPI or PAYTM service. The fee is non-refundable. But in case the challenge gets approval from NTA, the application fee paid will be refunded.
The detailed process to challenge the JEE Main Answer Key is mentioned below:
- Refer to the official website using the Application Number and Date of Birth/Password.
- At the Login Screen, click on “Challenge Answer Key” or “Challenge Recorded Response”.
- For Recorded Response, choose Question Number, Recorded Answer, and Claimed Answer. Then, add to the claims list.
- For JEE Main Answer Key, candidates are supposed to enter book number, question number, answer, and claimed answer. Then, add to the claims list.
- The application fees can be paid using Debit / Credit / Net banking.
We hope students will put in their best efforts to do well in the upcoming JEE Main exams. The above information about the JEE Main Answer Key 2021 will help students avoid any future confusion. The answer keys are also quite critical as they may create the difference between getting shortlisted at top colleges and not getting selected. We wish you all the best in your endeavours; stay tuned to us!