NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 4 Reproductive Health in PDF form free download or Study Online without downloading it. NCERT Solutions for other subjects based on latest CBSE Syllabus also available to download.
NCERT Solutions for class 12 Biology Chapter 4
Go back to Class 12 Biology main Page
Solutions for 12 Biology Chapter 4
- View Online NCERT Sols
- Download NCERT Solutions
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 4
- Revision Notes with Practice Questions for 2018-19 Exams
- NCERT Exemplar Problems for Class 12 Biology
Class 12 Biology Chapter 4 Question Answers
Important terms on Chapter 4
Methods of Birth Control
- Natural Methods: Periodic abstinence, Coitus interruptus or withdrawal Lactational amenorrhea.
- Barrier Methods: Condom, Diaphragms, Cervical cap and vault
- Intra Uterine Devices: Nonmedicated (e.g. Lippes loop), Copper releasing (e.g., Cu-T, multiload 375), Hormone releasing (e.g. LNG-20, progestasert)
- Oral contraceptives: Pills / Saheli, Mala-D Small doses of either progestogens or Progestogen-estrogen combination
- Injections: Progestrone derivates given every three months.
- Implants: Synthetic progestrone patches are implanted under the skin. Prevents pregnancy upto 4 years.
- Emergency pills: Must be taken within 72 hours of coitus. They have high concentration of progestrone and oestrogen which prevent ovulation, e.g. I pill, unwanted-72 etc.
- Surgical (Sterilisation): (1) Tubectomy; (2) Vasectomy in male in females.
- Give the term for prenatal diagnostic technique aimed to know the sex of developing foetus and to detect congenital disorders.
- After a successful in-vitro fertilisation, the fertilised egg begins to divide. Where is this egg transferred before it reaches the 8-celled stage and what is this technique called?
- Give the term for rapid population growth.
- Name the Fluid from which foetal cells are extracted for chromosomal analysis.
- Give another name for sexually transmitted diseases. Name two sexually transmitted diseases which are curable and two diseases which are not curable.
- Mention the various precautions one has to take in order to protect himself/ herself form STDs.
- Fallopian tube; Zygote intra fallopian transfer (ZIFT)
- Population explosion.
- Amniotic fluid.
- Veneral disease (VD)/Reproductive tract infection (RTI), Curable-Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Non Curable-Hepatitis B, AIDS.
- (i) Avoid blood transfusion from an infected person.
(ii) Avoid sex with an unknown partner and multiple partners.
(iii) Always use condom.
(iv) Avoid sharing of injections needles and syringes and surgical instruments.