NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 1 Solid State Exercises Questions and Intext Questions to view online or download in PDF format. Visit to NCERT Solutions main page to get the solutions of other subjects.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 1
Visit to Class 12 Chemistry main page
Solid State: Exercise & Intext Answers
- View Online Exercise Answers
- View Online Intext Answers
- View Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Download Exercises Solutions
- Download Intext Solutions
- NCERT Book Chapter 1
- NCERT Answers
- Revision Book Chapter 1
- Important Answers for 2019 – 20
- Assignment 1
- Assignment 2
- Assignment 3
- Assignment 4
- Level 1 Test 1
- Level 2 Test 1
- Level 3 Test 1
12 Chemistry Chapter 1: Solid State – Exercises answers
12 Chemistry Chapter 1: Solid State – Intext Answers
Multiple Choice Questions with answers
1. Which of the following conditions favours the existence of a substance in the solid state?
(i) High temperature
(ii) Low temperature
(iii) High thermal energy
(iv) Weak cohesive forces
2. Which of the following is not the characteristic of ionic solids?
(i) Very low value of electrical conductivity in the molten state.
(ii) Brittle nature.
(iii) Very strong forces of interactions.
(iv) Anisotropic nature.
3. Which of the following is not a characteristic of a crystalline solid?
(i) Definite and characteristic heat of fusion.
(ii) Isotropic nature.
(iii) A regular periodically repeated pattern of arrangement of constituent particles in the entire crystal.
(iv) A true solid
4. Graphite is a good conductor of electricity due to the presence of __________.
(i) lone pair of electrons
(ii) free valence electrons
5. Which of the following is an amorphous solid?
(i) Graphite (C)
(ii) Quartz glass (SiO2)
(iii) Chrome alum
(iv) Silicon carbide (SiC)
6. Which of the following statement is not true about amorphous solids?
(i) On heating they may become crystalline at certain temperature.
(ii) They may become crystalline on keeping for long time.
(iii) Amorphous solids can be moulded by heating.
(iv) They are anisotropic in nature.
7. Which of the following solids is not an electrical conductor?
(A) Mg (s) (B) TiO (s) (C) I2 (s) (D) H2O (s)
(i) (A) only
(ii) (B) Only
(iii) (C) and (D)
(iv) (B), (C) and (D)
8. The sharp melting point of crystalline solids is due to ___________.
(i) a regular arrangement of constituent particles observed over a short distance in the crystal lattice.
(ii) a regular arrangement of constituent particles observed over a long distance in the crystal lattice.
(iii) same arrangement of constituent particles in different directions.
(iv) different arrangement of constituent particles in different directions.
9. Which of the following is true about the value of refractive index of quartz glass?
(i) Same in all directions
(ii) Different in different directions
(iii) Cannot be measured
(iv) Always zero
10. Cations are present in the interstitial sites in __________.
(i) Frenkel defect
(ii) Schottky defect
(iii) Vacancy defect
(iv) Metal deficiency defect See Answers
- 1 (ii)
- 2 (i)
- 3 (ii)
- 4 (ii)
- 5 (ii)
- 6 (iv)
- 7 (iii)
- 8 (ii)
- 9 (i)
- 10 (i)