NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 Exercises and Additional Exercises of Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance in PDF form free download. All the sols are updated for 2018-19 CBSE Exams.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2
- 12 Physics Chapter 2: Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- Study Online: Exercises Question Answers
- Study Online: Additional Exercises Answers
- Download Exercises Question Answers
- Download Additional Exercises Answers
- Practice Questions for Competitive Exams
- NCERT Book Chapter 2
- NCERT Answers
- Revision Book Chapter 2
- Revision Book Answers
- Revision Notes 1
- Revision Notes 2
- Quick Revision & Revision Questions
12 Physics Chapter 2 Exercises
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to see the Additional Exercises questions of this chapter or go to 12 Physics main page.
12 Physics Chapter 2 Additional Exercises
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance additional exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to see Exercises Questions or move to Top of the page or go to 12 Physics main page.
Previous Chapter: Electric Charges and Field
Next Chapter: Current Electricity
Questions For Practice
- What is the ratio of electric field intensity at a point on the equatorial line to the field at a point on axial line when the points are at the same distance from the centre of the dipole?
- For an isolated parallel plate capacitor of capacitance C and potential difference V, what will happen to (i) charge on the plates (ii) potential difference across the plates (iii) field between the plates (iv) energy stored in the capacitor, when the distance between the plates is increased? [Answer: (i) No change (ii) increases (iii) No change (iv) increases].
- A storage capacitor on a RAM (Random Access Memory) chip has a capacity of 55pF. If the capacitor is charged to 5.3V, how may excess electrons are on its negative plate?[Answer: 1.8 × 10^9]
- The potential at a point A is –500V and that at another point B is +500V. What is the work done by external agent to take 2 units (S.I.) of negative charge from B to A.
- In charging a capacitor of capacitance C by a source of emf V, energy supplied by the sources QV and the energy stored in the capacitor is ½QV. Justify the difference.
- A point charge Q is kept at the intersection of (i) face diagonals (ii) diagonals of a cube of side a. What is the electric flux linked with the cube in (i) & (ii)?
- Using Gauss’s theorem in electrostatics, deduce an expression for electric field intensity due to a charged spherical shell at a point (i) inside (ii) on its surface (iii) outside it. Graphically show the variation of electric field intensity with distance from the centre of shell.
- A conducting slab of thickness ‘t’ is introduced between the plates of a parallel plate capacitor, separated by a distance d (t<d). Derive an expression for the capacitance of the capacitor. What will be its capacitance when t = d?
- A potential difference V is applied across a conductor of length L and diameter D. How are the electric field E and the resistance R of the conductor affected when (i) V is halved (ii) L is halved (iii) D is doubled.
Justify your answer.
- What is an equipotential surface? Write three properties Sketch equipotential surfaces of (i) Isolated point charge (ii) Uniform electric field (iii) Dipole