NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11
6 Science Chapter 11: Light, Shadows and Reflections
- View Online Chapter 11 Answers
- Download Chapter 11 Answers
- NCERT Book Chapter 11
- Exemplar Book Chapter 11
- Answers Chapter 11
- NCERT Books for Class 6 English Medium (All Subjects)
- NCERT Books for Class 6 Hindi Medium (All Subjects)
6 Science Chapter 11 Exercises Question Answers
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11 Light, Shadows and Reflections in English Medium is given below. Visit to Class 6 Science main page.
Important Questions with answers
- Which of the following can never form a circular shadow?
(a) A ball (b) A flat disc (c) A shoe box (d) An ice cream cone
- Which of the following is/are not always necessary to observe a shadow?
(a) Sun (b) Screen (c) Source of light (d) Opaque object
- Two students while sitting across a table looked down on to its top surface. They noticed that they could see their own and each other’s image. The table top is likely to be made of:
(a) unpolished wood (b) red stone (c) glass sheet (d) wood top covered with cloth
- Paheli observed the shadow of a tree at 8:00 a.m., 12:00 noon and 3:00 p.m. Which of the following statements is closest to her observation about the shape and size of the shadow?
(a) The shape of the shadow of the tree changes but the size remains the same.
(b) The size of the shadow of the tree changes but the shape remains the same.
(c) Both the size and shape of the shadow of the tree change.
(d) Neither the shape nor the size of the shadow changes.
- Correct the following statements.
(i) The colour of the shadow of an object depends on its colour of the object.
(ii) Transparent objects allow light to pass through them partially.
- On a sunny day, does a bird or an aeroplane flying high in the sky cast its shadow on the ground? Under what circumstances can we see their shadow on the ground?
- A student covered a torch with red cellophane sheet to obtain red light. Using the red light she obtains a shadow of an opaque object. She repeats this activity with green and blue light. Will the colour of the light affect the shadow ? Explain.
- You are given a transparent glass sheet. Suggest any two ways to make it translucent without breaking it.
- 1 (c)
- 2 (a)
- 3 (c)
- 5. (i) The colour of the shadow of an object does not depend on its colour.
(ii) Transluscent objects allow light to pass through them partially or transparent objects allow most of the light to pass through them.
- 6. No. Shadow of the bird can only be seen when the bird is flying very low close to the ground.
- 7. The colour of light will not affect the shadow, because shadow is the dark patch formed when an object obstructs the path of light and hence no light reaches in the shadow region.
- 8. (i) By applying oil, grease, butter on it or pasting a butter paper on it.
(ii) Grinding (rubbing) the surface of the glass by any abrasive material.