NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 2 Components of Food in English Medium or भोजन के घटक in हिंदी मीडियम or View in Video Format free to use online or download. NCERT Solutions of other subjects are also given in PDF form.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 2
6 Science Chapter 2: Components of Food
- View Online Chapter 2 Answers
- View Online अध्याय 2 के प्रश्न उत्तर
- View in Video Format
- NCERT Solutions Chapter 2
- NCERT Book Chapter 2
- Exemplar Book Chapter 2
- Answers Chapter 2
- NCERT Books for Class 6 English Medium (All Subjects)
- NCERT Books for Class 6 Hindi Medium (All Subjects)
6 Science Chapter 2 Exercises Question Answers
6 विज्ञान अध्याय 2 अभ्यास के प्रश्न उत्तर
6 Science Chapter 2 Sols in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 6 Science Chapter 2 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description.
Important Questions for Exams
- Given below are the steps to test the presence of proteins in a food item:
(i) Take a small quantity of the food item in a test tube, add 10 drops of water to it and shake it.
(ii) Make a paste or powder of food to be tested.
(iii) Add 10 drops of caustic soda solution to the test tube and shake well.
(iv) Add 2 drops of copper sulphate solution to it.
Which of the following is the correct sequence of the steps?
(a) i, ii, iv, iii (b) ii, i, iv, iii (c) ii, i, iii, iv (d) iv, ii, i, iii
Answer: (b) ii, i, iv, iii
- Which one of the following food item does not provide dietary fibre?
(a) Whole grains (b) Whole pulses (c) Fruits and vegetables (d) Milk
Answer: (d) Milk
- Which of the following nutrients is not present in milk?
(a) Protein (b) Vitamin C (d) Calcium (d) Vitamin D
Answer: (b) Vitamin C
- Read the following statements about diseases.
(i) They are caused by germs.
(ii) They are caused due to lack of nutrients in our diet.
(iii) They can be passed on to another person through contact.
(iv) They can be prevented by taking a balanced diet.
Which pair of statements best describe a deficiency disease?
(a) (i) and (ii) (b) (ii) and (iii) (c) (ii) and (iv) (d) (i) and (iii)
Answer: (c) (ii) and (iv)
- Fill in the blanks from the list of words given below:
(carbohydrate, fat, protein, starch, sugar, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, roughage, balanced diet, obesity, goitre)
(a) Egg yolk is rich in ____________ and egg albumin is rich in __________.
(b) Deficiency diseases can be prevented by taking a ___________.
(c) Eating too much of fat rich foods may lead to a condition called ____________.
(d) The component of food that does not provide any nutrient to our body and yet is essential in our food is ___________.
Answer: (a) fat, protein; (b) balanced diet; (c) obesity; (d) roughage
- While using iodine in the laboratory, some drops of iodine fell on Paheli’s socks and some fell on her teacher’s saree. The drops of iodine on the saree turned blue black while their colour did not change on the socks. What can be the possible reason?
Answer: The saree of Paheli’s teacher might have been starched, and starch turns blue black with iodine solution. Paheli’s socks did not have starch on it thereby showing no change.
Download App for Class 6 Maths
Download App for Class 6 English