NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Sorting Materials and Groups in English Medium or अध्याय 4: वस्तुओं के समूह बनाना in हिंदी मीडियम or View in Video Format free to download or use online. Download Class 6 Science App for offline use.
|Subject:||Science – विज्ञान|
|Chapter 4:||Sorting Materials and Groups|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 4
6 Science Chapter 4: Sorting Materials and Groups
- View Online Chapter 4 Answers
- View Online अध्याय 4 के प्रश्न उत्तर
- View in Video Format
- Download 6 Science App
- NCERT Solutions Chapter 4
- NCERT Book Chapter 4
- Exemplar Book Chapter 4
- Answers Chapter 4
- NCERT Books for Class 6 English Medium (All Subjects)
- NCERT Books for Class 6 Hindi Medium (All Subjects)
6 Science Chapter 4 Exercises Question Answers
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Sorting Materials and Groups in English Medium is given below. Visit to हिंदी मीडियम or View in Video Format or move to Class 6 Science main page. Download Class 6 Science App for offline use.
6 विज्ञान अध्याय 4 अभ्यास के प्रश्न उत्तर
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science अध्याय 4: वस्तुओं के समूह बनाना in हिंदी मीडियम is given below. Visit to English Medium or View in Video Format or Class 6 Science main page. Download Class 6 Science App for offline use.
6 Science Chapter 4 Sols in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 6 Science Chapter 4 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description.
Important Questions with answers
- Which of the following statements is not true?
(a) Materials are grouped for convenience.
(b) Materials are grouped to study their properties.
(c) Materials are grouped for fun.
(d) Materials are grouped according to their uses.
- Which type of the following materials is used for making the front glass (wind screen) of a car?
(a) Transparent (b) Translucent (c) Opaque (d) All the above
- Mixtures of red chilli powder in water, butter in water, petrol in water, and honey in water were given to Radha, Sudha, Sofia and Raveena, respectively. Whose mixture is in solution form?
- On a bright sunny day, Shikha was playing hide and seek with her brother. She hid herself behind a glass door. Do you think her brother will be able to locate her. If yes, why? If no, why not?
- It was Paheli’s birthday. Her grandmother gave her two gifts made of metals, one old dull silver spoon and a pair of lustrous gold earrings. She was surprised to see the difference in the appearance of the two metals. Can you explain the reason for this difference?
- Take a small cotton ball and place it in a tumbler/bowl filled with water. Observe it for atleast 10 minutes. Will it float or sink in water and why?
- You are provided with the following materials— turmeric, honey, mustard oil, water, glucose, rice flour, groundnut oil. Make any three pairs of substances where one substance is soluble in the other and any three pairs of substances where one substance remains insoluble in the other substances.
- Chalk, iron nail, wood, aluminium, candle, cotton usually look different from each other. Give some properties by which we can prove that these materials are different.
- Sugar, salt, mustard oil, sand, sawdust, honey, chalk powder, petals of flower, soil, copper sulphate crystals, glucose, wheat flour are some substances given to Paheli. She wants to know whether these substances are soluble in water or not. Help her in identifying soluble and insoluble substances in water.
10. Why do you think oxygen dissolved in water is important for the survival of aquatic animals and plants?
- Answer 1: (c) Materials are grouped for fun.
- Answer 2: (a) Transparent
- Answer 3: Raveena has got a solution because honey will dissolve in water.
- Answer 4: Yes, Ground glass is translucent, so Shikha can be located.
- Answer 5: The silver spoon on long exposure to moist air has lost its shine and appears dull whereas gold does not tarnish.
- Answer 6: Cotton ball initially floats and then sinks as it absorbs water.
- Answer 7: Soluble: (i) honey in water (ii) glucose in water (iii) groundnut oil in mustard oil
Insoluble: (i) turmeric in water (ii) rice flour in water (iii) mustard oil in water
- Answer 8: Write on the basis of lustre, hardness, softness, roughness or smoothness.
- Answer 9: Soluble in water – Sugar, Salt, Honey, Copper sulphate crystals, Glucose
Insoluble in water – Mustard oil, Sand, Sawdust, Chalk powder, Soil, Petals of flower, Wheat flour.
- Answer 10: Dissolved oxygen is available for animal and plants for respiration and survival.
- Download Class 6 Science App for offline use.
लकड़ी से बनाई जा सकने वाली पाँच वस्तुओं के नाम लिखिए।
Select those objects from the following which shine: Glass bowl, plastic toy, steel spoon, cotton shirt.
List all items known to you that float on water. Check and see if they will float on an oil or kerosene.
For example, few types of wood have densities higher than oil but less than water, so it floats on water but not on kerosene.