NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 5
6 Science Chapter 5: Separation of Substances
- View Online Chapter 5 Answers
- View Online अध्याय 5 के प्रश्न उत्तर
- NCERT Solutions Chapter 5
- NCERT Book Chapter 5
- Exemplar Book Chapter 5
- Answers Chapter 5
- NCERT Books for Class 6 English Medium (All Subjects)
- NCERT Books for Class 6 Hindi Medium (All Subjects)
6 Science Chapter 5 Exercises Question Answers
6 विज्ञान अध्याय 5 अभ्यास के प्रश्न उत्तर
Important Questions with Answers
- In an activity, a teacher dissolved a small amount of solid copper sulphate in a tumbler half filled with water. Which method would you use to get back solid copper sulphate from the solution?
(a) Decantation (b) Evaporation (c) Sedimentation (d) Condensation
- Boojho’s grandmother is suffering from diabetes. Her doctor advised her to take ‘Lassi’ with less fat content. Which of the following methods would be most appropriate for Boojho to prepare it?
(a) Filtration (b) Decantation (c) Churning (d) Winnowing
- Paheli asked for a glass of water from Boojho. He gave her a glass of ice cold water. Paheli observed some water droplets on the outer surface of the glass and asked Boojho how these droplets of water were formed? Which of the following should be Boojho’s answer?
(a) Evaporation of water from the glass.
(b) Water that seeped out from the glass.
(c) Evaporation of atmospheric water vapour.
(d) Condensation of atmospheric water vapour.
- Four mixtures are given below
(i) Kidney beans and chick peas
(ii) Pulses and rice
(iii) Rice flakes and corn
(iv) Potato wafers and biscuits
Which of these can be separated by the method of winnowing?
(a) (i) and (ii) (b) (ii) and (iii) (c) (i) and (iii) (d) (iii) and (iv)
- Which of the following mixtures would you be able to separate using the method of filtration?
(a) Oil in water (b) Cornflakes in milk (c) Salt in water (d) Sugar in milk
- During summer, Boojho carries water in a transparent plastic bottle to his school. One day he left his bottle in the school. The bottle still had some water left in it. The following day, he observed some water droplets on the inner surface of the empty portion of the bottle. These droplets of water were formed due to
(a) boiling and condensation.
(b) evaporation and saturation.
(c) evaporation and condensation.
(d) condensation and saturation.
1 (b), 2 (c), 3 (d), 4 (d), 5 (b), 6 (c).