NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 8
6 Science Chapter 8: Body Movement
- View Online Chapter 8 Answers
- View Online अध्याय 8 के प्रश्न उत्तर
- NCERT Solutions Chapter 8
- NCERT Book Chapter 8
- Exemplar Book Chapter 8
- Answers Chapter 8
- NCERT Books for Class 6 English Medium (All Subjects)
- NCERT Books for Class 6 Hindi Medium (All Subjects)
6 Science Chapter 8 Exercises Question Answers
6 विज्ञान अध्याय 8 अभ्यास के प्रश्न उत्तर
Important Questions with answers
- Underwater divers wear fin-like flippers on their feet to
(a) swim easily in water.
(b) look like a fish.
(c) walk on water surface.
(d) walk over the bottom of the sea (sea bed).
- Which of the following parts of our body help us in movement?
(i) Bones (ii) Skin (iii) Muscles (iv) Organs
Choose the correct answer from the option below.
(a) (i) and (iii) (b) (ii) and (iv) (c) (i) and (iv) (d) (iii) and (ii)
- Snail moves with the help of its
(a) shell (b) bone (c) muscular foot (d) whole body
- Which of the following joints is immovable?
(a) Shoulder and arm
(b) Knee and joint
(c) Upper jaw and skull
(d) Lower jaw and upper jaw
- How many muscles work together to move a bone?
(a) One (b) Two (c) Three (d) Four
- Which of the following organisms does not have both muscles and skeleton for movement?
(a) dog (b) snail (c) earthworm (d) human being
- Write the type of joint which is used for each of the following movements:
(a) A cricket bowler bowls the ball.
(b) A girl moves her head in right and left direction.
(c) A person lifts weights to build up his biceps.
- Boojho fell off a tree and hurt his ankle. On examination the doctor confirmed that the ankle was fractured. How was it detected?
- How is the skeleton of a bird well-suited for flying?
- Which type of movement would have been possible if
(a) our elbow had a fixed joint.
(b) we were to have a ball and socket joint between our neck and head.
- 2 (a)
- 3 (c)
- 4 (c)
- 5 (b)
- 6 (c)
- 7. (a) Ball and Socket joint, (b) Pivotal joint, (c) Hinge joint
- 8. The doctor must have observed a swelling and taken an X-ray of the ankle. X-ray images confirm injuries/fractures in bones.
- Bones are hollow and light.
- Bones of hind limbs are for walking and perching.
- Bones of fore limbs are modified as wings.
- Shoulder bones are strong.
- Breast bones hold flight muscles and are used to move the wings up and down.
(a) We would not be able to bend/fold our arms.
(b) We would be able to rotate our head 360°.