NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English Honeycomb Chapter 7 The Invention of Vita-Work & Poem 7 Dad and The Cat and The Tree is given below. 7th English Chapter 7 comprehension check, working with the text, working with language, speaking and writing skills. Visit to NCERT Solutions of other subjects. Download Offline Apps for Class 7 all subjects.
|Subject:||English – Honeycomb|
|Chapter:||The Invention of Vita-Work|
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English Honeycomb Chapter 7
Honeycomb Chapter 7: Question – Answers
- Honeycomb Chapter 7: The Invention of Vita-Work
- Honeycomb Poem 7: Dad and the Cat and the Tree
- Honeycomb Passages with questions answers
7 English Chapter 7: The Invention of Vita-Work – Answers
7 English Poem 7: Dad and the Cat and the Tree – Answers
Passages with Question Answer
I. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
Mr Wonka said, “So once again I rolled up my sleeves and set to work. Once again I squeezed my brain, searching for the new recipe… I had to create age… to make people old… old, older, oldest… ‘Ha-ha!’ I cried, for now the ideas were beginning to come. ‘What is the oldest living thing in the world? What lives longer than anything else?”
1. What does the phrase ‘set to work’ mean?
2. Why does he cry, ‘Ha-ha’?
3. Name the lesson and the author. See Answers
II. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
“All over the world, Charlie,” Mr Wonka went on “I tracked down very old and ancient animals and took an important little bit of something from each one of them — a hair or an eyebrow or sometimes it was no more than an ounce or two of the jam scraped from between its toes while it was sleeping.
1. Who is Mr. Wonka?
2. Which things were traced down?
3. From whose toes ounce of jam was scraped? See Answers
III. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
But there’s no time to tell you about them all now, Charlie. Let me just say quickly that in the end, after lots of boiling and bubbling and mixing and testing in my Inventing Room, I produced one tiny cupful of oily black liquid and gave four drops of it to a brave twenty-year-old Oompa-Loompa volunteer to see what happened.”
1. What things were boiled, mixed and tested?
2. What was the name of the volunteer?
3. What did he volunteer for? See Answers
Answers for passages
Comprehension Passage I – Answers
1. ‘Set to work’ means began to work.
2. He cries ‘Ha-ha’ because the new ideas were beginning to come in his mind.
3. The name of the lesson is ‘The Invention Vita-Work’ and the name of the author is Roald Dahl.
Comprehension Passage II – Answers
1. Mr. Wonka is an inventor.
2. The old and ancient animals were tracked down.
3. Jam was scraped from toes of whistle big bobolink, pollyfrog, etc.
Comprehension Passage III – Answers
1. The important little bits of something from old and ancient animals were boiled, tested and mixed.
2. The name of the volunteer was Oompa-Loompa.
3. He volunteered to try the newly invented drug.
Download NCERT Solutions Apps