NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 1 Crop Production and Management (अध्याय 1: फसल उत्पादन एवं प्रबंध) Study online or View in Video Format or download in PDF form. Solutions of other subjects are also available.
Table of Contents
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 1
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Crop Production and Management: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 1
- View Solutions in Video Format
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 1
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 1
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 1
- Download Answers Chapter 1
Class 8 Science Chapter 1 Exercises Answers
8 Science Chapter 1 Sols in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 8 Science Chapter 1 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description. Download 8 Science App for offline use.
Important Questions with answers
1. Which one of the following condition is not essential to grow maize?
(a) High temperature
(c) Low temperature
2. The system of irrigation where in water is supplied drop by drop near the roots of plants, is called
(a) pulley system
(b) drip system
(c) sprinkler system
(d) lever system
3. The term used for the process of separation of grains from chaff is
(d) hand picking
4. Which of the following tools would a farmer use to remove weeds from the field?
5. Which of the following statement is not true for organic manure?
(a) It enhances water holding capacity of soil.
(b) It has a balance of all plant nutrients.
(c) It provides humus to soil.
(d) It improves texture of soil.
6. Which of the following is not true for fertilisers?
(a) They increase the yield.
(b) Their excessive use disturbs the balance of nutrients in soil.
(c) They are generally used in small quantity.
(d) They are environment friendly.
7. Read the statements given below.
(i) Seeds require moisture for germination.
(ii) Plants can absorb nutrients mostly in dissolved form.
(iii) Irrigation protects crops from both frost and hot air currents.
(iv) Irrigation improves soil texture.
Choose the combination of statements which indicate the need to irrigate crops.
(a) i and ii
(b) i, ii, iii
(c) i, ii, iii, iv
(d) i and iii
8. Given below are statements about the harmful effects of weeds on crop plants.
(i) They interfere in harvesting.
(ii) They help crop plants to grow healthily.
(iii) They compete with crop plants for water, nutrients, space and light.
(iv) They affect plant growth.
Choose the correct combination of statements.
(a) i, iii, iv
(b) iii only
(c) iii, iv
(d) i, ii, iii, iv
9. The monsoon season in our country is during the months
(a) April to December
(b) June to September
(c) November to March
(d) January to May
10. The process of loosening and turning of soil is called
(a) irrigation and manuring
(b) digging and winnowing
(c) tilling and ploughing
(d) harvesting and storage
- 1 (c)
- 2 (b)
- 3 (c)
- 4 (a)
- 5 (b)
- 6 (d)
- 7 (a)
- 8 (a)
- 9 (b)
- 10 (c)
- Download 8 Science App
- Download 8 Maths App
- Download 8 गणित App