NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 10 Reaching the age of Adolescence (अध्याय 10: किशोरावस्था की ओर) to Study online or download free in PDF form. CBSE Solutions of all subjects are also available.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 10
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Reaching the Age of Adolescence: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 10
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 10
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 10
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 10
- Download Answers Chapter 10
Class 8 Science Chapter 10 Exercises Answers
Important Questions with answers
1. The belief that the mother is completely responsible for the sex of the child is wrong because the child
(a) gets sex chromosome only from the mother.
(b) develops in the body of the mother.
(c) gets one sex chromosome from the mother and the other from the father.
(d) gets sex chromosome only from the father.
2. For the metamorphosis of tadpoles which of the following elements must be available in water?
3. Structures present in a cell which is responsible for determination of the sex of a baby is
(b) cell membrane
4. Given below are events that lead to pregnancy and development of embryo.
(i) Fertilization of egg
(ii) Maturation of egg
(iii) Release of egg
(iv) Embedding of embryo in thickened uterine wall.
Which of the following options gives the correct order of sequence in which they occur?
(a) i, ii, iii, iv,
(b) ii, i, iii, iv
(c) i, iv, ii, iii
(d) ii, iii, i, iv.
5. The most conspicuous visible change that occurs in boys during puberty is:
(a) development in voice box.
(b) increase in height.
(c) production of sperms.
(d) increased sweating.
6. Give a suitable word for each of the following statements.
(a) The site which responds to a hormone.
(b) Name of a gland which transports secretions through ducts.
(c) Chemicals which control changes at adolescence stage.
(d) It marks the beginning of reproductive period.
7. Complete the following sentences.
(a) In females, the uterine wall thickens to receive the __________.
(b) Endocrine glands release hormones directly into _________ for transportation to the __________.
(c) The sex hormones,_______________________ and estrogen are responsible for the development of __________ characters.
(d) Release of sex hormones is under the control of a hormone secreted from the __________.
8. Name the hormone that is released by testes at the onset of puberty.
9. Unscramble the underlined words in the following sentences.
(a) Reproductive life of a woman lasts from hacreemn to spauoemen.
(b) The development of a caterpillar to an adult butterfly is termed as poommertaissh.
(c) The overgrowth of sumselc in xalnyr leads to the hoarse voice in adolescent boys.
(d) Dannalier helps the body to adjust and fight the stress.
10 We should avoid taking medicines/drugs unless prescribed by a doctor. Give reasons.
- 1 (c)
- 2 (d)
- 3 (d)
- 4 (d)
- 5 (b)
- 6 (a) Target site, (b) Sweat glands/salivary glands/oil glands (any one), (c) Hormones, (d) Puberty
- 7 (a) fertilised egg. (b) blood stream, target site. (c) Testosterone, estrogen, secondary sexual. (d) pituitary gland.
- 8 Testosterone.
- 9 (a) menarche, menopause (b) metamorphosis (c) muscles, larynx (d) Adrenalin
- 10 Several medicines have adverse side effects and have specific dosage levels which if not followed may harm the body. Drugs can be addictive too and can ruin our health and happiness.