NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 11
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Force and Pressure: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 11
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 11
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 11
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 11
- Download Answers Chapter 11
Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Exercises Answers
Important Questions with answers
1. Two objects repel each other. This repulsion could be due to
(a) frictional force only
(b) electrostatic force only
(c) magnetic force only
(d) either a magnetic or an electrostatic force
2. During dry weather, while combing hair, sometimes we experience hair flying apart. The force responsible for this is
(a) force of gravity.
(b) electrostatic force.
(c) force of friction.
(d) magnetic force.
3. Which one of the following forces is a contact force?
(a) force of gravity
(b) force of friction
(c) magnetic force
(d) electrostatic force
4. A ball of dough is rolled into a flat chapatti. Name the force exerted to change the shape of the dough.
5. A girl is pushing a box towards east direction. In which direction should her friend push the box so that it moves faster in the same direction?
6. During dry weather, clothes made of synthetic fibre often stick to the skin. Which type of force is responsible for this phenomenon?
7. A gas filled balloon moves up. Is the upward force acting on it larger or smaller than the force of gravity?
8. A chapati maker is a machine which converts balls of dough into chapati’s. What effect of force comes into play in this process?
9. Two persons are applying forces on two opposite sides of a moving cart. The cart still moves with the same speed in the same direction. What do you infer about the magnitudes and direction of the forces applied.
10. Fruits detached from a tree fall down due to force of gravity. We know that a force arises due to interaction between two objects. Name the objects interacting in this case.
- 1 (d)
- 2 (b)
- 3 (b)
- 4 Muscular force.
- 5 Towards east.
- 6 Electrostatic force.
- 7 Upward force is larger than the force of gravity.
- 8 The force changes the shape of the dough.
- 9 Both the forces are of equal magnitudes and applied in the opposite directions.
- 10 Earth and fruits.