NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 3 Synthetic Fibres and Plastics (अध्याय 3: संश्लेषित रेशे और प्लास्टिक) to Study online or View in Video Format or download in PDF form. Solutions of other subjects are also available.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 3
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Synthetic Fibres and Plastics: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 3
- View in Video Format
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 3
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 3
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 3
- Download Answers Chapter 3
- Download 8 Science App
Class 8 Science Chapter 3 Exercises Answers
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 3 Synthetic Fibres and Plastics is given below to use online. View in Video Format or Visit to Class 8 Science Main page. Download 8 Science App for offline use.
8 Science Chapter 3 Solutions in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 8 Science Chapter 3 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description. Download 8 Science App for offline use.
Important Questions with answers
1. Pick the synthetic fibre out of the following?
2. Which of the following groups contain all synthetic substances?
(a) Nylon, Terylene, Wool
(b) Cotton, Polycot, Rayon
(c) PVC, Polythene, Bakelite
(d) Acrylic, Silk, Wool
3. Which is a thermosetting plastic?
4. The most suitable material for the preparation of handles of cooking utensils is
5. The material similar to silk in appearance is
6. Which of the following is not a common property of plastics?
(b) Light in weight
7 Good conductor of electricity
10. The material which is commonly used for making kitchen containers is
8. Polycot is obtained by mixing
(a) nylon and wool
(b) polyester and wool
(c) nylon and cotton
(d) polyester and cotton
9. Fill in the blanks.
(i) A polymer is a chain of many small units joined together which are called ______.
(ii) The synthetic fibres are also known as ______ fibres.
(iii) The first fully synthetic fibre was ______.
(iv) A fibre similar to wool is ______.
(v) A plastic used for making crockery is ______.
10. Plastic is used for making a large variety of articles of daily use and these articles are very attractive. But it is advised to avoid the use of plastic as far as possible. Why?
11. PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is a thermoplastic and is used for making toys, chappals, etc. Bakelite is a thermosetting plastic and is used for making electrical switches, handles of various utensils, etc. Can you write the major difference between these two types of plastics?
- 1 (b)
- 2 (c)
- 3 (a)
- 4 (d)
- 5 (b)
- 6 (d)
- 7 (d)
- 8 (d)
- 9 (i) monomers (ii) man-made (iii) nylon (iv) acrylic (v) melamine
- 10 Due to its non-biodegradable nature it causes environmental pollution.
- 11 Thermoplastics get deformed easily on heating and can be bent easily on heating. On the other hand thermosetting plastics when molded once cannot be softened on heating.
- Download 8 Science App for offline use.