Bachelor of Computer Applications is a 3-year Undergraduate course. The candidates from all the streams can pursue the BCA course. In the course, the students will get to learn a lot regarding Programming, Development, Data Structures, etc. Furthermore, it is one of the popular courses after Class 12th for Commerce and Science students. There is a lot of opportunities are there in India as well as abroad.
BCA Course Full Details
The candidates must pass the Class 12th exam with a minimum of 50% marks. As of now, the digital era is growing at a good rate. Furthermore, students also get a chance to earn money through freelancing work while studying in college. It is not that easy to find a high-paying job after BCA completion. If candidates stick to one skill and learn and practice well. Then they will definitely get a high package. There are several job opportunities in the BCA course. We have concluded all the information in detail below. Please do check for the best information regarding BCA 2022 Course Full Details, Overview, Eligibility Criteria, Job Role, etc.
BCA Course Overview
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
|Duration of the course
|Pass Class 12th exam with minimum 50% marks
|BCA course fees
|INR 60k to INR 2 lakh
|KIITEE BCA, SUAT, IPU CET, GSAT, SUAT, etc.
|Government Jobs, Private Jobs, IT Sector, etc.
|Web Developer, Android Developer, Database Administrator, System Analyst, etc.
|Top Recruiter Companies
|IBM, Deloitte, TCS, Infosys, Oracle, Cognizant, KPMG, etc.
BCA Eligibility Criteria
- Those students who want to take admission in the BCA course must have to pass the Class 10+2 examination in any stream with at least 50% marks in Class 12th.
- The minimum age eligibility criteria are 17 years old. Moreover, the age criteria can vary depending upon various universities and colleges.
BCA Admission Process
The students who are pursuing the course can seek admission to top colleges in India. For that, candidates must have attained an Entrance test. To get into the best colleges in India candidates must have to qualify for the entrance test. If any candidates pursue the course from top colleges then they will get a lot of exposure and it gets also help in the Placements. Below we have mentioned some of the admission processes:
- Merit-Based – The merit-based done based on direct admission to the institutes. The admission is done based on Class 12th score marks or the criteria can be decided by the college to college.
- Entrance Based – The Entrance exam are conducted at a state and a national level. Some of the entrance exams for BCA are SUAT, IPU CET, KITEE, etc. Based on entrance test marks a candidate will get a college according to their score.
BCA Entrance Exams
Below we have mentioned some of the best BCA Entrance exams:
- 1. IPU CET: The full form of IPU CET BCA is Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test. Moreover, the exam will be conducted in Online mode. The candidates must have to pass the Class 12th examination with a minimum of 50-55% marks. The total no of questions is `150. For, every correct answer 4 marks will be allotted. Moreover, for every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score. The age of the candidates should not be beyond 21 years.
- 2. KIITEE: The full form of KIITEE is the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination. Moreover, the exam is conducted once a year. The exam is conducted by the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIT). KIITEE Entrance test conduct exam for many courses such as B.Tech, B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc Nursing, B.Tech + M.Tech Dual Degree, BCA, etc. The candidates must have to pass the Class 12th examination with a minimum of 50-55% marks. The candidates from any stream can appear for the BCA entrance test.
- 3. SUAT: The full form of the Sharda University Admission Test. The conducting body of the entrance test is Sharda University. Furthermore, the mode of application will be Online. The courses available in the Sharda institute are B.Tech, B.Com, BCA, BBA, Integrated Law, etc. SUAT exam is conducted for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The exam is conducted in Online mode with Computer Based Test.
A Career in Information Technology as a Job Role
We have mentioned some of the job roles below and also have given an overview of some of the job roles in detail:
- Database Administrator
- Wireless Network Engineer
- System Analyst
- Network Architect
- Android Developer
- Software Developer
- Full-Stack Developer
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Blockchain Developer
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer, etc.
Top Employment Areas after BCA Course as a Job Role
Many candidates want to pursue the BCA course. But somehow they are unaware of the job role and what are the skills required to be good at the below job role. If any students want to learn skills in IT sector. They can easily learn with the help of the internet. There are many fields in Information Technology. One can find their interest and start with one thing at first to be good at that skills. Furthermore, the students can also learn the skills through books, Udemy courses, Online Youtube Videos, etc.
1. Web Developer: The industry is expected to grow 8% from 2019 to 2029. A web developer’s job is to create a website for the client and their business purpose. While their role is also to ensure the site loading timing and other functionality. The web developer has to make a website that can be easily used. In web development, the candidates can work in different domains such as Frontend Developer, Backend Developer, Full Stack Developer, etc. As a web developer one can work for the company, agencies, or they can also start providing their services. The Web Development industry is always evolving. Furthermore, it will always be at the top of the IT industry.
2. Android Developer: According to a report over 135 thousand new job opportunities will be available in Android Development by 2024. An Android Developer has the responsibility of creating applications for smartphones and tablets. The average salary candidates can earn in India is INR 3-4 lakh per annum at starting level. Furthermore, learning development requires a lot of time. If you want to start a development journey in Android then you must stick to the task regularly and learn on daily basis to secure a good job at a high package.
The candidates who want to start their career in Android Development. Then they just start with basic programming languages. And, then try to make a basic calculator and simultaneously learn another programming languages to enhance the skills. The software is used for making the app is Android Studio. In Android development mainly two programming languages are used which are Kotlin and JAVA. In May 2019 Google announced, Kotlin as an official language for Android App. There are many jobs available in India. Some of the job profiles are Mobile Architect, Android Developer, Android Engineer, Mobile Lead Software Engineer, etc.
3. Software Developer: According to a Forbes report, Software Engineering employment will increase by 22% in 2029. Software developers are the creative person behind any software. Software developers have the technical skills to build that software with the help of a team. Moreover, they create software that enables the user to perform tasks on a Smartphone and Computer Devices. Those who want to become software developers. Then, they must have to learn any programming languages such as Java, C++, and many more and also Data Structures. Hence, the candidates also have to practice regularly to perform well in their job. Some of the soft skills that are required in a job are Problem Solving skills, Interpersonal skills, Communication skills, Project Management skills, etc. Hence, the average salary a Software Developer can earn is 3-7 lakh per annum.
Some of the duties of the Software Developer:
- Update the functionality so it can be easily used by the user.
- They must have to document all their work for their future reference.
- Also, guide junior developers, on how they can perform better in their job.
- Writing and implementing efficient code.
- Maintaining and upgrading the existing software.
- Work closely with other developers.
4. Cyber Security Expert: As per the report Cyber security jobs will grow 31% by 2029. Moreover, the risk of cyberattacks is growing fast in today’s time. As of now the demand for Cyber security professionals are high all over the world. With the more internet usage and advancement of technology, the risk of cyber-attacks has also increased in the past few years. Some of the best job roles in Cyber Security are Cyber Security Analyst, Cyber Security Engineer, Chief Information Security Officer, Security Architect, and many more. Some of the popular recruiters are Cisco, Intel, Google, IBM, Deloitte, Apple, Microsoft, etc.
Furthermore, the increase in the no. of cybercrimes is giving rise to Cyber Security engineers. The companies are willing to pay high salaries for the professionals who opt for cyber security courses. Hence, the average salary a Cyber Security Expert can earn is 4.5-9 lakh per annum.
5. Blockchain Developer: Blockchain Development is demanding in today’s time. As compared to normal developers, Blockchain developers are generating 3-4 times or generating more earnings in today’s date. Blockchain is a type of database, where information is stored in the form of blocks of data chained together. The average salary a Blockchain developers earn is 50-100% more than a software developer.
Furthermore, the demand is very high but so far very few good developers are there in the industry. Moreover, Blockchain is a system of storing data in the best way to protect from the cheating system. Some of the job roles are Core Blockchain Developer, Blockchain Application Developers, etc. Hence, the average salary Blockchain Developer can earn is 4-8 lakh per annum.
BCA First Year Subjects
|Fundamentals of IT & Computers
BCA Second Year Subjects
|Introduction to Linux
BCA Third Year Subjects
What is the full form of the BCA course and the duration of the BCA course?
The full form of the BCA course is Bachelor of Computer Applications. Furthermore, the duration of the BCA course is of 3 years.
What is the scope of the BCA course?
As we know that the IT sector is growing at a good rate. Moreover, with the demand for Information technology all over the world. There is a high chance of getting employment in this sector. The candidates can also join Startup or well-established IT companies.
What are the job profiles in the IT sector?
Here we have mentioned some of the job profiles which are:
• Web Designer
• Web Developer
• Software Developer
• System Analyst
• Network Engineer
• Data Scientists
• Cyber Security Engineer, etc.
What options are there after the BCA course?
After graduating, the candidates can join the IT companies or the candidates can pursue higher studies courses like MCA, MBA, M.Sc, etc.
What is the average salary a BCA graduate can earn after completion of the course?
The average BCA salary ranges from INR 2.5-5 lakh per annum.