The NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths in Hindi and English Medium contains all of the questions covered in the textbook given by the CBSE updated for 2022-2023.
Chapter Wise Class 8 Maths NCERT Solution
- Chapter 1: Rational Numbers
- Chapter 2: Linear Equations in one Variable
- Chapter 3: Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Chapter 4: Practical Geometry
- Chapter 5: Data Handling
- Chapter 6: Square and Square Roots
- Chapter 7: Cube and Cube Roots
- Chapter 8: Comparing Quantities
- Chapter 9: Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Chapter 10: Visualizing Solid Shapes
- Chapter 11: Mensuration
- Chapter 12: Exponents and Powers
- Chapter 13: Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Chapter 14: Factorization
- Chapter 15: Introduction to Graphs
- Chapter 16: Playing with Numbers
- How to perform well in 8th Maths
8th Maths NCERT solutions are prepared by experts and provide step-by-step explanations.
|Medium:||English and Hindi Medium|
|Content Type:||PDF and Videos Solutions|
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths in Hindi and English
8th Maths Textbook from NCERT (https://ncert.nic.in/) website and Solutions are described completely showing all steps with formulae. If someone is still facing a problem to understanding the sums please see the videos given here or specify through the “Discussion Forum” section. With the help of Class VIII Maths solutions, students can understand the concepts better and score good marks in their exams. Get NCERT Solutions for class 8 Maths in PDF file format Hindi medium as well as English medium to download. All the solutions are updated for the academic session 2022-23 based on the latest NCERT Books.
Class 8 Maths NCERT Solutions & Main Points of All Chapters
Chapter 1: Rational Numbers
Class 8 Maths Chapter 1 is based on Rations Numbers, which is the collection of Integers, Natural Numbers, Whole Numbers, Decimal and Fractions. To download class 8 Maths, just follow the links given below. There are solutions in Hindi as well as English Medium free to use.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 1.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 1.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 1.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 1.2 in Hindi
We will check here the closure property under Addition, Multiplication, Division and Subtraction for Rational Numbers. Exercise 1.1 of Class 8 Maths is covering the questions on Multiplicative Inverse and other properties of Rational Numbers. In Exercise 1.2 Class 8 Maths, we will draw the Rational Numbers on Number Line.
Chapter 2: Linear Equations in one Variable
Class 8 Maths Chapter 2 describes how to solve a linear equation in one variable. There are seven main points given in chapter 2 of 8th Mathematics. All the topics are given separately in six exercises.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.3
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.4
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.5
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.6
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.2 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.3 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.4 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.5 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.6 in Hindi
In Exercise 2.1, the simple linear equations in the variable are given to simplify and solve them, whereas Exercise 2.2 contains the questions based on the application of linear equations. Class 8 Maths Exercise 2.3 contains some tricky linear equations to solve them by simplification. Exercise 2.4 of 8th Maths contains some application on a day to day life based on linear equations in one variable concept. In Exercise 2.5, we have to reduce the given equation into linear before solution and Exercise 2.6 has the miscellaneous questions on Chapter 2 of Class 8 Maths.
Chapter 3: Understanding Quadrilaterals
Class 8 Maths Chapter 3 deals with the plane curves like various type of polygons as a triangle, quadrilateral, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, etc. There are total four exercises in class 8 Maths chapter 3. Students can get there solutions from the links given here.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 3.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 3.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 3.3
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 3.4
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 3.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 3.2 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 3.3 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 3.4 in Hindi
Exercise 3.1 briefs about the interior and exterior parts of a closed figure, diagonals of a polygon, convex and concave polygons and angle sum property of a polygon. All the questions in Exercise 3.2 are following the property of the Measures of the Exterior Angles of a Polygon. Exercise 3.3 is based on types of quadrilaterals like Trapezium, Kite, Parallelogram with its angles and diagonals. We will discuss some particular type of quadrilateral in Exercise 3.4. These quadrilaterals are Rhombus, Rectangle and Square.
Chapter 4: Practical Geometry
In Class 8 Maths Chapter 4, we will discuss how to construct a unique quadrilateral under the given measurements. Just picked up the geometrical instruments and start doing each constructions. This is the only way to learn chapter 4 of class viii mathematics.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 4.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 4.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 4.3
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 4.4
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 4.5
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 4.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 4.2 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 4.3 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 4.4 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 4.5 in Hindi
All the questions of Exercise 4.1 are on the condition when four sides and one diagonal are given, whereas in Exercise 4.2, and we have to construct a quadrilateral when two diagonals and three sides are given. Similarly, in Exercise 4.3, the given conditions are two adjacent sides and three angles, and in Exercise 4.4, it is three sides, and two included angles of a quadrilateral are given. The last exercise that is Exercise 4.5 contains the constructions of quadrilateral when other special properties are known.
Chapter 5: Data Handling
Class 8 Maths Chapter 5 starts with the concepts of Class Intervals, Lower and Upper Limits, Range, Class Width and Class Size. There are only three exercises in chapter 5 of class 8th Maths. Solutions links of these exercises are given below.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 5.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 5.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 5.3
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 5.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 5.2 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 5.3 in Hindi
This is an introduction to Histogram. So, we have to deal with Histogram in Exercise 5.1 of Class 8th Maths. The second exercise that is Exercise 5.2 represents another way of graphical representation, which is Pie Chart or Circle Graph. The third and last topic in Exercise 5.3 is Probability. It describes the concepts of events, outcomes, total favourable events and the total number of events. The Probability is an important topic, even in higher classes.
Chapter 6: Square and Square Roots
In Class 8 Maths Chapter 6, we will learn how to find square or square roots of a number. Square and square roots is one of the most important chapters of class 8th Math. This chapter is useful not only in class 8 but in next classes also. Practice well to learn it better using the solutions given below.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 6.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 6.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 6.3
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 6.4
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 6.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 6.2 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 6.3 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 6.4 in Hindi
In Exercise 6.1, most of the questions are based on hit and trial method or successive addition method. Exercise 6.2 is related to find the square of a number by just multiplying the number to itself or using the Binomial Formula of expansion. A brief intro about Pythagoras Triplet is also given in the second exercise. In Exercise 6.3, we have to find square roots of a number by successive subtraction or using Prime Factorisation method. Exercise 6.4 is designed to find the square roots using division methods as well as by estimation. Here we can find the square roots of decimal numbers also.
Chapter 7: Cube and Cube Roots
In Class 8 Maths Chapter 7, we will discuss with the cubes of a number and its cube root also. There are only two exercises in class 8th Maths NCERT (https://ncert.nic.in/) chapter 7, which are given below with the complete solutions.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 7.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 7.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 7.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 7.2 in Hindi
Exercise 7.1 explain the method of finding cube by adding a consecutive odd number or by using prime factors. Questions related to cube roots are given in Exercise 7.2 of Class 8 Maths. We can also find the cube root of a number using its Prime Factorisation.
Chapter 8: Comparing Quantities
Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 includes the questions related to ratio and proportion. Find the links given below to practice all the questions of Class 8 Maths chapter 8 in English and Hindi Medium.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 8.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 8.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 8.3
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 8.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 8.2 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 8.3 in Hindi
In Exercise 8.1, questions are on ratios and percentage with some practical application. Increase and decrease the percentage, profit and loss percentage, discount, sell tax and VAT related questions are there in Exercise 8.2 of Class 8 Maths. Exercise 8.3 covers the questions on Simple and Compound Interest.
Chapter 9: Algebraic Expressions and Identities
In Class 8 Maths Chapter 9, the concepts of algebraic expression with terms, factors and coefficient of Monomial, Binomial and Trinomials are given. 8th Maths chapter 9 is one of the most important chapters for exam.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 9.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 9.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 9.3
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 9.4
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 9.5
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 9.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 9.2 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 9.3 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 9.4 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 9.5 in Hindi
Questions of Exercise 9.1 are based on like and unlike terms and addition or subtraction of algebraic expression. Introduction of multiplication of algebraic expression is given in Exercise 9.2 of 8th Maths. Most of the questions carry the product of monomials. Exercise 9.3 includes the questions in which we multiply a polynomial by a monomial, whereas in Exercise 9.4, we learn how to multiply a polynomial by another one. The questions follow identities in Exercise 9.5 of Class 8 Maths.
Chapter 10: Visualizing Solid Shapes
In Class 8 Maths Chapter 10 states that the 3-dimensional object looks different when seen from different positions. The topics of 8th Maths chapter 10 are divided into three exercises. The links of the solutions in Hindi and English Medium are are given below:
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 10.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 10.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 10.3
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 10.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 10.2 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 10.3 in Hindi
In Exercise 10.1, we will learn to plot a 3-D object using its Side view, Front view, Top view or some other factors. The description of mapping places and spaces are given in Exercise 10.2 of 8th CBSE Maths. In Exercise 10.3, we will learn to find out the Edges, Faces and Corners or Vertices of a 3 – D object. Euler’s Formula (F + V – E = 2) is important in this exercise.
Chapter 11: Mensuration
Class 8 Maths Chapter 11 Mensuration is not only the main topic for class 8, but it is important for further classes also. Get here the solutions, and start practicing.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 11.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 11.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 11.3
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 11.4
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 11.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 11.2 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 11.3 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 11.4 in Hindi
Exercise 11.1 contains only five questions. The Exercise 11.2, deals with the areas related to Trapezium and another quadrilateral.Next step is to find the surface area of solid figures in Exercise 11.3 of Class 8th NCERT Maths. The volume of these 3D figures can be obtained using the formulae in Exercise 11.4 of 8th Maths.
Chapter 12: Exponents and Powers
In Class 8 Maths Chapter 12, students will study the numbers having negative or positive powers. The exercise 12.1 takes little bit more time as compare to exercise 12.2, get the solutions in link during practice, to help yourself during practice.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 12.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 12.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 12.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 12.2 in Hindi
Exercise 12.1 is based on the Laws of Exponents. The second exercise explains about the Scientific Form or Standard Form. In Exercise 12.2, we convert the numbers in the standard form with the help of exponents.
Chapter 13: Direct and Inverse Proportions
Class 8 Maths Chapter 13, we have to check whether the value of both the quantities are increasing or one is increasing and other is decreasing. To practice all the NCERT questions follow the solutions links given below.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 13.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 13.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 13.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 13.2 in Hindi
Exercise 13.1 has the questions of Direct Proportion, where the two quantities increase or decrease together. Similarly, Exercise 13.2 also deals with Inverse Proportion, where one value is increasing, but other is decreasing.
Chapter 14: Factorization
In Class 8 Maths Chapter 14, we will study about factors of natural numbers as well as algebraic expressions. For any difficulty, first try yourself. If the problem persist just get the solutions and find the systematic way to solve.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 14.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 14.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 14.3
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 14.4
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 14.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 14.2 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 14.3 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 14.4 in Hindi
In Exercise 14.1, we will make factors by regrouping the terms, whereas, in Exercise 14.2, identities are the main tool for Factorisation. Exercise 14.3 contains questions based on the division of polynomials by another polynomial. At last, in Exercise 14.4, there some mathematical errors given in equations to remove and reformation of equation.
Chapter 15: Introduction to Graphs
Class 8 Maths Chapter 15 describes the methods to plot a Bar Graph, a Pie Chart or Circle Graph, Histograms and a Line Graph. Here the sums are based on formation as well as observation of the graphs.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 15.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 15.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 15.3
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 15.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 15.2 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 15.3 in Hindi
Most of the questions in Exercise 15.1 are of Line Graphs. Students will learn about coordinate system, x-axis and y-axis are given in Exercise 15.2 of Class 8 Maths. Graphs related to two variables are present in Exercise 15.3 based on the application of linear equations in two variables.
Chapter 16: Playing with Numbers
In Class 8 Maths Chapter 16, we have to represent numbers in a general form in Hindi and English medium. In first exercise of chapter 16 of 8th math, we have to learn and prepare to play with the questions given in exercise 16.2 of 8th Mathematics.
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 16.1
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 16.2
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 16.1 in Hindi
- Class 8 Maths Exercise 16.2 in Hindi
Exercise 16.1 is just based on addition, subtraction and multiplication of numbers in the form of a puzzle. On the other hand, in Exercise 16.2 of Class 8 Maths, we will discuss the test of divisibility by 2, 3, 5, 9 and 10. No one bore solving Class 8 Maths Chapter 16 Playing with Numbers.
Feedback & Suggestions
Provide your feedback about the content quality and website user experience. Download Class 8 Maths Solutions App, which work offline without internet also. All the NCERT Solutions 2022-23 for class 8 Maths are done properly with full care, if still some mistake please notify us, so that we can remove it to provide the best study material for the students. Assignment and test papers will also be uploaded for the preparation of exams. This page is rebuilt on the basis to suggestions received by parents as well as students. We always respect all the user and try to maintain our website as per their requirements. Give your feedback and Suggestions to improve this website to get best for #class8mathssolutions.
How many chapters are ther in Class 8 Maths?
There are total 16 Chapters in Class 8 Maths NCERT Book. All chapters are compulsory for the exams. All the chapters are related to each other. Student can get the solutions of each questions of 8th Mathematics here in Hindi and English Medium. The tricky chapters are explained well in video also. The class 8 Maths Solutions are easy to use and understand. Follow the following steps to solve the questions:
- Read the lesson and examples given before exercise.
- Try to solve each question with the help of examples.
- For the difficult questions, take help from PDF solutions.
- To understand better the concepts, use the video solutions given here.
Which is the most interesting chapter in Class 8 Maths?
The most interesting chapter of class 8 is Chapter 16 Playing with Numbers. It is really a play with Maths. There are puzzles of missing numbers. To describe in better format videos related to this chapter is also given here. Students of 8th standard can easily understand it using class 8 Maths NCERT Solutions in Hindi or English Medium. Follow the steps to solve the questions of this chapter:
- Spend time to find out the answer of these questions without taking any help from solutions given on websites.
- Apply different tricks to solve the puzzles.
- Discuss the exercise questions with family and friend for fun.
- Make more similar questions of own to enjoy and learn more.
How can I score good marks in 8th Maths?
There are some easy as well as difficult chapters in all the subjects. Its all varies from student to student. Some student enjoy doing all the time Maths but some get tired and bored in the same calculations. If a student who is somehow weak in Maths, he should start that chapter of Maths, which is most easier for him. Gradually practicing will increase the level of confidence and the interest towards Maths will be generated automatically.
What is better for class 8 Mathematics online or offline mode?
Studying offline through books is always better than any website or other online portals. Offline study using latest NCERT Books for class 8 Maths generates interest to do hard work whereas online portals are good only if you have any doubt in questions. Studying through Phone, laptops, computers, tablets make us mentally tired where studying offline compel us to think more and more about the fact we are studying.
How to score 90% or more marks in class 8 Maths exams?
Mathematics, as we all know, is a practice oriented subject. The more you practice, the more you will understand that will help you score good in the examinations. In Class 8 Maths, everyone should carefully read the examples given in each chapter of mathematics and then solve each question given in the exercises on its own. If the question is not solved or answered, then you should try and try again. Solving the questions by various methods help us to learn many different ways of doing each question. If you have no idea about a question in the exam or do not have complete confidence in any question, then this practice of solving help you here to find proper solutions. We see that even the toughest question gets solved by trying once or twice. In this way. Students will feel that their performance in day to day examinations gets better and easily get 90% or even more marks in the annual examination of Class 8 Maths.
How can I easily pass the Class 8 Maths exam?
There are a total of 16 chapters in the class 8 Maths NCERT Textbook. According to the interest of the students, they find that some chapters are simple but few are difficult one. By solving all the questions of the easy chapters we can easily manage passable marks in 8th Maths. For example, linear equations with one variable, rational numbers, Data Handling, introduction to graphs and playing with numbers all seem easy.
Which is the easiest chapter of class 8 Maths NCERT?
The easiest chapter in Class 8 Mathematics is chapter 2 Linear Equations in One Variable. It has a total of 6 exercises. Chapter 2 of 8th Maths is easy as well as very useful for examinations. By practicing this chapter, we can score better marks even in less practice. Class 8 Chapter 2 is one of the very important chapters in next classes also.
Which lesson is considered the most difficult chapter of Class 8 Maths?
Which chapter is difficult and which is simple, generally it can vary from student to student. But most of the students find difficulty in Chapter 9 algebraic expressions and identities of Class 8 Maths. Most of the students face difficulties during implementation of identities in questions. Even after solving each question repeatedly, one is not able to get the confidence which is easily found in the rest of the chapters.