NCERT Solutions for Class 2 EVS Chapter 2 Our Sense Organs with question and answers assignment updated for CBSE 2023-24. Grade 2 Environmental Studies chapter 2 worksheets and activities are given at the end of chapter, so that students can revise the entire topic.
Our Sense Organs
We have five sense organs. Sense organs feel the changes happening around my body. Eyes, ears, nose, tongue and skin are my sense organs. They help us to see, hear smell taste and to feel.
Eyes: Our eyes help us to watch television, read book and see things.
Ears: We have two ears. Our ears help us to hear different sounds and music.
Nose: Our nose helps us to smell and breathe.
Tongue: Our tongue helps us to taste. We taste and speak with our tongue. Our tongue has tiny bumps called taste buds which help to taste sweet, sour, salty and bitter.
Skin: The skin covers the whole body. It helps us to feel. It gives us the sense of touch like hot, cold, soft, hard, rough or smooth. Our skin helps us to touch. Our skin helps us to know if a thing is hot, cold, smooth or rough. The thinner most part of the skin is our eyelids. These five friends are called Sense Organs. They help us to know the world around us.
Class 2 EVS Chapter 2 MCQ
How many sense organs are there
We know the smell of flowers by
I use my tongue to
I can watch all around by
Care of Nose
(a) Do not put sharp things inside the nose.
(b) Use a clean cloth to clean the nose.
(c) Do not prick the nose with fingers.
Care of Eyes
- (a) Never rub the eyes.
- (b) Watch TV from a distance and not for long time.
- (c) Wash your eyes every day with clean water.
- (d) Never read in dim light or while lying down.
- (e) Do not read in a moving vehicle.
- (f ) Protect your eyes from sharp objects.
Care of Ears
- Use soft cotton buds to clean the ears.
- Do not put your finger, any sharp objects like pencil, inside the ears it may damage your eardrum.
- Keep away from loud noise. It can harm the ears.
Fill in the blanks with the right words
1. We have ______ sense organs.
2. Our nose help us to ______ things.
3. Our eyes helps us to ______ things around us.
4. Our skin help us to ______.
5. Our ears help us to ______.
Care of Tongue
(a) Do not eat the food that are too hot, too cold or too spicy.
(b) Clean your tongue every day with a tongue-cleaner.
Care of Skin
(a) Take a bath every day.
(b) Use a good soap, shampoo and a clean towel.