NCERT Solutions for Class 2 Science Chapter 8 Safety Habits with extra questions for practice and assignments updated for new academic session 2023-24 free to use. In Chapter 8 of Second Grade, we learn about the good habits which are necessary for safety. Assignments given at the end of the chapter are helpful during the revision.
Study Material for Class 2 Science Chapter 8
Staying safe is as important as staying healthy. We can stay safe if we follow safety rules. We must follow them everywhere.
Some Safety Tips:
1. We get hurt due to our carelessness.
2. We should be careful and alert to avoid accidents.
3. We should not be in a hurry.
4. It is better to go late than never.
Safety rules are important instructions to avoid accident. We should follow safety rules everywhere.
Safety on the Road
1. Always walk on the footpath. If there is no footpath, walk on the safe side of the road.
2. Cross the road from the zebra crossing. But before crossing, wait for the traffic to stop.
3. If there is no zebra crossing, look to your left, then look to your right.
4. Now look to your left again and cross the road if it is safe to cross.
5. Do not play on the road.
Safety in the Bus
1. Do not get into a moving bus.
2. Do not get off a moving bus.
3. Do not travel on the footboard
Do not put your arm or head out of the window.
5. Do not disturb the driver.
Safety at Home
1. Do not play with scissors, blade or knife.
2. Do not play with matchbox.
3. Do not light fire.
4. Do not touch electric switch with wet hands.
5. Do not run on the roof or staircase.
6. Do not leave your toys on the floor. You may trip over them and fall. Keep them at their place after playing.
Safety in School
1. Do not jump on desks.
2. Do not push anyone; he/she may get hurt.
3. Play safe games.
4. Wait for your turn.
5. Do not quarrel for your turn.
Safety in the Water
1. Do not go to the pool alone. Take your elder with you.
2. Do not swim just after meals.
3. If you are in a boat, sit at one place. Do not move.
Safety During Festivals
1. Do not play with crackers.
2. Light candles with the help of your elders.
3. Do not throw water balloons on moving vehicles.
4. Play with herbal colours on Holi.
1. We should be careful and alert to avoid accidents.
2. We should follow traffic rules on the road.
3. We should not get in or get off a moving bus.
4. We should not play with sharp objects.
5. We should play safe games.
6. We should not go to the pool alone.
7. We should not play with crackers.
8. We should play with herbal colours on Holi.
9. If we get hurt, we should tell our elders or parents.
Select correct answer from given options:
Which of the following traffic lights says ‘stop’?
Where should we run?
Which of the following is dangerous to play with?
We should play
Cross the road at the
How many colours are there in the traffic light.
Avoid playing with
Fill in the blanks with suitable words: (Footpath, meal, moving, electric, late)
1. It will be better to go ___________ than never.
2. We should walk on the _____________.
3. We should not swim just after _____________.
4. We should not get into or get off a ____________ bus.
5. We should not touch _____________ switch with wet hands.
Write ‘T’ for true and ‘F’ for false statements:
1. We should follow safety rules everywhere.
2. We should not play with toys.
3. We should not quarrel for our turn.
4. We should not swim in the pool alone.
5. We should not play with crackers.