NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Science Chapter 8 Safety Rules and First Aid. It is updated for the new academic session 2022-2023 CBSE and State board students. All the contents on Tiwari Academy are free to use without any login or password. Students will learn here about the safety rules and values of first aid treatments. All the questions are given here in a simple format to learn and understand.
Study Material for Class 3 Science Chapter 8
Accidents can happen anywhere and at any time. We can prevent accidents by being careful and alert. We can prevent accidents if we follow safety rules.
Safety at Home
1. Do not use blades or knives. You can use scissors to cut paper. But you should be careful while using it.
2. Do not try to touch hot objects. Be careful if you are in the kitchen.
3. Light candles or other things in the presence of an elder.
4. Do not touch electrical gadgets or switches with wet hands. You may get an electric shock.
5. Do not take medicine on your own. Show it to your parents before taking it.
6. Put your toys at their place after playing. You could trip over them.
Safety on Road
1. Look at both sides of the road. Cross it when it is clear.
2. Always walk on the footpath or on the safe side of the road.
3. Cross the road at the zebra crossing.
4. Never play on the road.
5. Follow traffic signal when driving.
6. If you are driving a vehicle follow the rules and speed limit.
Safety at School
1. We should make a queue at the bus stop and in prayer ground.
2. Never jump on the desks or benches.
3. Do not push anybody while entering or learning in the class.
4. Never throw chalk or duster on others.
5. Never buy eatables from hawkers.
6. Use school equipment’s with great care.
Safety in the Playground
1. Play only safe games.
2. While playing, wait for your turn.
3. Do not quarrel for it.
4. Do not hit anyone with a bat or ball. It may cause injury.
5. Do not tease any animal. Animals become angry when you tease them. They may also hurt you.
Safety at Kitchen
1. In kitchen, do not enter with loose nylon clothes.
2. Do not touch the fire works like matchbox and gas stove etc.
3. Keep sharp knife and forks at proper place.
4. Be alert of the hot things, steaming pots etc.
5. Never touch the wires at back of fridge or other electrical appliances.
The immediate help given to a person before the doctor arrives is called first aid. Good first aid can save a life.
1. If someone gets hurt, call an elder to help the victim.
2. If there is a bleeding, clean the wound with an antiseptic and tie a bandage over the wound.
3. If the victim is serious, take him or her to a doctor immediately.
4. Follow the advice of the doctor.
1. Safety rules are important instructions to avoid accidents.
2. We should follow safety rules everywhere.
3. We should not touch sharp or pointed objects.
4. We should not touch electrical appliances with wet hands.
5. We should always walk on the footpath or on the safe side of the road.
6. We should cross the road at the zebra crossing.
7. We should play only safe games.
8. We should wait for our turn.
Select correct option for question given below:
Which of the following things is dangerous?
What should we not take without the permission of our parents?
What should we play with?
Where should we run?
Fill in the blanks:
1. We should cross the road at the ______.
2. We should follow the ______.
3. We should play ______.
4. We should know about the _____.
5 We should obey ______ everywhere.
1. zebra crossing
2. traffic rules
3. in the park
4. first aid
5. safety rules
Why do people get hurt?
People get hurt if they did not follow traffic rules.
Name the things we should not play with.
We should not play with sharp items, fire and electric appliances.
Write two safety rules that we should follow on the road.
We should follow these rules on the road
1. Always walk on the footpath or on the safe side of the road.
2. Cross the road at the zebra crossing.