NCERT Solutions for Class 3 Science Chapter 11 Air and its question answers. Contents related to class 3 Science are free to use. It is modified for the new academic session 2023-24 and school exams. There is no NCERT Book for Class 3 Science. Here, the given book provides the contents just like NCERT study Material. It also contains exercises question answers for practice.
Study Material for Class 3 Science Chapter 11
Air is the combination of different gases on the earth like nitrogen, oxygen, carbon di oxide and some other gases. People, animals and plants need air to live. there can be no life without air. There is air all around us. Though we cannot see or touch air, we can feel it.
What does Air Contain?
Air also contains smoke, dust and germs.
Smoke generated by factories, vehicles and by other means mixes with the air and makes it impure.
Breathe Fresh Air
Breathing impure air is not good for our health. This air can make us sick. We must breathe in clean and fresh air. We should keep doors and windows open to let in fresh air. We should not cover our face when we sleep. We should play in open places.
Moving air is called breeze. When the air moves very fast it is a wind. A strong wind can blow away things like clothes, paper and loose soil.
The Wind Can Move Things
When the wind blows the leaves of trees move. The wind dries clothes on a clothesline. The wind also carries seeds of plants to new places. This way the new plants get more space to grow. The wind makes a sailboat move on water.
Sometimes the wind blows fast and strong. Fast and strong winds can cause a storm. Storms can damage houses, crops, trees and animals.
1. People, animals and plants need air to live.
2. Air also contains water vapour, smoke, dust and germs.
3. We must breathe in clean and fresh air for good health.
4. Moving air is called breeze.
5. Fast and strong winds can cause a storm.
6. Storms cause damage to houses, crops, trees and animals.
7. A weathercock shows us the direction in which the wind blows.
Select correct answer for given questions:
Fill in the blanks:
1. People, animals and plants need _____ to live.
2. ______, _____ and germs make air impure.
3. When we sleep we should not _______ our face.
4. Moving air is called _______.
5. ______ and _______ winds can cause a storm.
2. smoke, dust
5. fast, strong
Who needs air?
All the living things need air.
What does air contain?
Air contains water vapour, smoke, dust and germs.
What is a breeze?
Moving air is called breeze.