Class 2 English Grammar Chapter 1 Naming Words – Noun updated for academic session 2022-2023 CBSE and State Boards. Here students will learn about different types of words which are known as Noun. We also learn the way to identify and use of Noun in sentences. Practice material and assignments related to kinds of Noun are also given to provide a proper revision in Class 2 English Grammar Chapter 1.
What is Noun?
Noun is the name of a person, a place, an animal, or a thing. In the pictures given in practice book:
- 1. Some words are names of persons.
- 2. Some words are names of animals and birds.
- 3. Some are names of things such as computer, tree etc.
- 4. Some are names of places.
- 5. Some are names of fruits/flowers.
All these names (persons, animals, birds, and things) are called the naming words. The naming words are called Noun. All these words are also called naming words.
1. What type of noun these words present:
shop, school, house, street, city, park and building. these all are names of places.
2. Words like cat, cow, crow, parrot and hen are names of animals and birds.
3. Words like apple, book, chair, pen, bat, coat are names of things.
4. bear, horse are names of animals.
duck is the name of a bird.
train, is the name of transport system.
5. Words like man, girl, doctor, teacher, woman, mother are names of people.
Complete the following words: (crush, prayer, safe, vehicle, crying, fence, flower, roadside)
(a) fl __
(b) cr __ i __ g
(c) r __ __ ds __ de
(d) c __ __ sh
(e) __ __ a __ er
(f) s __f __
(g) v __ hi __ __ __
(h) f __ n __ e
Look at the following puzzle and write down naming words you can make from it.
T R A Y X
O A P E N
Y T B O Y
E A R L E