Holiday Homework Solutions (During Summer Vacations) facility for the academic session 2019 – 2020 is being maintained to help the students and parents to complete the holiday homework comfortably. You are requested to upload your holiday homework in PDF format based on Latest CBSE Curriculum 2018-19 and get the solutions with in a week.
You can also upload your maths or science problems which you want to know. If the problems are related to NCERT or Exemplar Problems please refer to NCERT Solutions page to get this. The solutions of holiday homework should be uploaded along with the school name at the end of this page. Notification of completion of homework will not be given by the website, you have to check yourself after a week for the solutions..
Students of the upper primary level (Class 6, 7 and 8) are already well informed and are keen to find and learn more. According to CBSE bulletin in session 2018 – 2019, while assigning and preparing homework for the students, it is important to note they are able to develop the skills like relating, thinking, concluding, inferring. Homework should be such that the student neither feel it burdensome nor they lose interest in the subject matter. Moreover it is useful in providing them a happy experience. Homework therefore needs to be thought about and worked upon differently. Emphasis should be given on Vedic mathematics, designing quality homework rather than its quantity.
Encompassing the aforesaid ideas, the CBSE has brought forth a Manual, “Alternatives to Holiday Homework Solutions” for classes VI to VIII. It is collection of ideas transformed into suggestive activities that are creative, interesting, meaningful and interactive, enhancing various skills, directly or indirectly related to subject matter providing students to enhance their learning and gaining knowledge.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Alternatives
- 0.2 To
- 0.3 Holiday Homework Solutions
- 0.4 VI – VIII
- 1 Holiday Homework Solutions
- 1.1 Bal Bharti Public School, Manesar, Gurgaon
- 1.2 DAV Model School, Durgapur, West Bengal
- 1.3 Delhi International School, Dharma, New Delhi, India
- 1.4 Delhi Public School, Sushant Lok, India
- 1.5 DAV Public School, Anand Vihar, Burla, Sambalpur, Odisha
- 1.6 DPS Jodhpur
- 1.7 Jamia Senior Secondary School, JMI, New Delhi
- 1.8 Kendriya Vidyalaya Barrackpore (army)
- 1.9 Kendriya Vidhyalaya, FRI, Dehradun
- 1.10 Kendriya Vidyalaya, CRPF Avadi, Chennai
- 1.11 Kendriya Cidyalaya, Bailey Road, Patna, Bihar
- 1.12 St Dominic Savio’s High School, Patna, Bihar
- 1.13 The Mann School
- 1.14 Yuvashakti Model School (Rohini Branch)
Holiday Homework Solutions
VI – VIII
A well rounded development of individual knowledge happens not only from textbooks and formal education but more from the learner’s personal experiences, individual inquisitive nature and social surroundings. Homework is an area of importance and to make it more relevant for the classes 6th, 7th and 8th, appropriate strategies and meaningful activities may be suggested to the schools that give more time to child to explore the environment to develop creative thinking. These activities (like OTBA for class 9 & 11 ) would be so framed that they keep the child interested in subjects and therefore would also help in enhancing the learning power.
Homework is one of the areas that need urgent attention. As the students of class VI, VII and VIII develop a certain learning style and want to know and find more and more. Efforts should be made to make homework more creative and interesting so that the students do not feel burdensome while doing the same and the ultimate purpose of providing homework is served.
A survey was conducted through questionnaire prepared by CBSE to collect feedback from parents, teachers, students and other educationists on “Alternatives to Homework at Upper Primary Level” for Class Sixth, Seventh and Eighth so that appropriate strategies and meaningful activities can be designed and suggested to schools. The questions were directed to know the ideal quantity and purpose of the homework, whether homework should be assigned in all the subjects, internet usage should be a part of the homework or not, how homework helps in teaching.
Keeping in view emerging issues, there is a need to think about giving quality homework emphasizing on acquiring applied learning skills. Few points can be kept in mind while designing a quality homework by teachers:
- Provide students capacity building activities which are followed up and acknowledged like drawing, creative writing, making puzzles, stories, plays, online games, reading online books and craft.
- Provide them assignment sheets which improve their reading & writing abilities. Homework must enable the student to practice a skill independently.
- A possible discussion can be held with different children on what they would like to do at home to improve in which ever area they deem necessary. Homework must be designed in a way that maximizes the chances of its completion by the students.
- Parents should be able to understand the child’s needs and schools suggestions on how to learn mathematics, logical reasoning, etc. by doing puzzles, writing letters, reading to elders from the newspapers, making household lists, recipe making and cooking.
- Learners who have dyslexia or number difficulty should have practice assignments overcoming their problems.
The child in middle school have a keenness to discover more and prepare for the examination. Learning is about developing new faculties, which become useful as an adult. The years 12 to 15 are years when rules become important, and doing well, excelling are given importance both at home and in the class. As the child grows chronically his/her emotional maturity also grows and there are interests which are beyond just what lessons can give.
The homework assigned should:
- enhance study habits and practice skills (which learners are able to perform independently)
- reinforce necessary skills both scholastic and co-scholastic among the learners.
- enable learners to become independent learners and thinkers and develop among them 21st century skills so that they can participate in Make in India in future.
- lead to the improvement in the academic achievement of the learner.
- expand on the existing knowledge of the learners and be a part of the already acquired competencies in the classroom.
- not put unneeded pressure or stress by including new learning material or difficult material to be worked upon by learners themselves.
- be curriculum based and as per developmental needs of the learners.
- not require specific resources or technology which is not accessible to all learners.
- have clearly defined, purposeful, creative and engaging activities.
It is also advised that teachers can refer to Life Skills Manuals, Health Manuals and Environmental Education Manuals which contain age appropriate and interesting activities which can be taken up by the learners individually. These activities can be assigned to learners so as to enhance their life skills, values and make them health conscious.
Homework is needed, and necessary for a teacher to be able to follow up with each child. The correction and feedback on homework is an important input that helps both parents and children to follow up and improve in areas which are needed. The recourse extra classes, can be reduced if the homework is used for learning improvement and acquisition of diverse skills. We are providing a handful help to solve or helping in solving the holiday homework.
Please mention the school name properly [like ABC Public School, Janak Puri, Delhi (India)], so that the other students of the same school can download the material without uploading the same homework.
Holiday Homework Solutions
(Academic Year 2018 – 2019 )
Bal Bharti Public School, Manesar, Gurgaon
DAV Model School, Durgapur, West Bengal
Delhi International School, Dharma, New Delhi, India
Delhi Public School, Sushant Lok, India
DAV Public School, Anand Vihar, Burla, Sambalpur, Odisha
Jamia Senior Secondary School, JMI, New Delhi
Kendriya Vidyalaya Barrackpore (army)
Kendriya Vidhyalaya, FRI, Dehradun
Kendriya Vidyalaya, CRPF Avadi, Chennai
Kendriya Cidyalaya, Bailey Road, Patna, Bihar
St Dominic Savio’s High School, Patna, Bihar
The Mann School
Yuvashakti Model School (Rohini Branch)
We are trying to help the students in Holiday Homework Solutions as our level best. That’s why we have started this section. For the academic year 2018 – 2019, we will uploading solutions from first week of June 2017. We going to start another section “Projects and Working models” which will help the students to take ideas for working models for the classes 6, 7 and 8. For the class 9 and 10 there will be project files and models for their FA exams. We also upload investigatory project of Physics and Chemistry for class 12 and Computer Science projects and Programme.
If you are in need of some special project that is not uploaded so far, please inform us through FORUM section, we will try to upload or directly send to you through mail. Our main motive is to help you without giving any trouble. Feel free to contact us.