Class 1 Science Chapter 6 Our Needs in English Medium for CBSE and State Board Students updated for academic session 2023-24. All the contents related to Class 1 Science are free to use without any login or password. The complete chapter is described in simplified language so that a child in Standard 1 can understand easily.
Class 1 Science Chapter 6 Solutions
We all need food, clothes and a house.
We Need Food:
1. We need food to grow and to stay healthy. It gives us energy to study and play.
2. We must eat good food.
3. We must have our meals at same time every day.
4. Some food helps us to grow like milk, fish, eggs and pulses.
5. Some food gives us energy. Rice. Sugar, butter, roti and bread give us energy.
6. Some food keeps us healthy.
7. Fruits and vegetables keep us healthy.
We eat three meals in a day. In the morning we have breakfast. I have breakfast before I go to school. In the afternoon we have lunch. I have lunch after I come back from school. In the evening we have dinner. We have dinner at 8:00 pm. We all eat together.
We Need Clothes:
We need to cover our body and to look smart. Clothes protect our body from cold, heat and dust. We wear different clothes at different time of year. We wear cotton clothes in summer. They keep us cool.
We wear woollen clothes in winter. They keep us warm.
During the rainy season, we wear a raincoat. It does not make our clothes wet. We also wear gum boots.
Material of Clothes:
Clothes are made of different materials. All these materials are obtained from animals or plants. We get wool from the fur on a sheep’s body. Wool is used to make sweaters. jackets, mufflers etc. We get leather from the skins of calfs, camel etc. Leather is used to make jackets, belts. etc. We get cotton from cotton plant. It is used to make, dresses, frocks, pants and shirts.
We Need a House:
We need a house to live in. A house keeps us safe from the heat and the cold. A house protects us from the rain and the wind. A house keeps us safe from wild animals and thieves. We enter a house through a door. We walk on the floor. The windows of our house let in sunlight and fresh air. Our house keeps us safe from the heat of the sun. Out house keep us safe from the cold and rain. We keep our things in our house. We keep our clothes, books and toys in our house.
Rooms of Our House
A house is a home when a family lives in it. We have fun at home.
1. We cook food in the kitchen.
2. We rest and sleep in the bedroom.
3. We wash clothes and bath in the bathroom.
1. We need food to live. Food helps us to grow.
2. We need clothes to cover our body and to look smart.
3. We need a house to live in. A house keeps us safe from the heat and cold.
4. We cook in the kitchen.
5. We rest and sleep in the bedroom.
Select Correct Option from Given MCQs:
1. Fruits and vegetables are obtained from:
(D) Sea foods
2. We need food to:
3. Which clothes protect us from rain.
Match the following:
|1. We need good food to||(a) Bathroom|
|2. We must wear||(b) Kitchen|
|3. We cook food in the||(c) eat|
|4. I bath in the||(d) clean clothes|
Fill in the blanks with the correct words given in the box:
1. _____ keep us alive and healthy. (home / food)
2. Milk keeps our bones and teeth _____. (strong / weak)
3. We wear ____ clothes in winter. (woollen / cotton)
4. We cook food in the ____. (bathroom / kitchen)
How can we prepare Class 1 Science chapter 6 easily?
This chapter is based on our regular needs, so we can make a list of these and categorise according priority.
Is Class 1 Science chapter 6 interesting?
We can collect the list of food items and their sources, different types of clothing and houses.
How much important Class 1 Science chapter 6 chapter is?
The importance of chapter is normal but this is a knowledgeable chapter, student can learn many things from this.