Social Science NCERT Solutions Class 9 Free PDF format as well as online to study are available for download.
India and the Contemporary World – I
Two themes from the first sub-unit and one each from the second and third sub-units could be studied.
Sub-unit 1.1 : Events and processes:
In this unit the focus is on three events and processes that have in major ways shaped the identity of the modern world. Each represents a different form of politics, and a specific combination of forces. One event is linked to the growth of liberalism and democracy, one with socialism, and one with a negation of both democracy and socialism. Two themes of the following:
I. The French Revolution:
(a)The Ancient Regime and its crises.
(b) The social forces that led to the revolution.
(c) The different revolutionary groups and ideas of the time.
(d) The legacy. (Compulsory Chapter-1)
II. Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution:
(a)The crises of Tzarism.
(b) The nature of social movements between 1905 and 1917.
(c) The First World War and foundation of Soviet state.
(d) The legacy.
III. Nazism and the Rise of Hitler:
(a)The growth of social democracy
(b) The crises in Germany.
(c) The basis of Hitler’s rise to power.
(d) The ideology of Nazism.
(e) The impact of Nazism.
In each of the themes in this unit students would be made familiar with extracts of speeches, political declarations, as well as the politics of caricatures, posters and engravings. Students would learn how to interpret
these kinds of historical evidences.
- Familiarize students with the names of people involved, the different types of ideas that inspired the revolution, the wider forces that shaped it.
- Show how written, oral and visual material can be used to recover the history of revolutions.
- Explore the history of socialism through a study of the Russian revolution.
- Familiarize students with the names of people involved, the different types of ideas that inspired the revolution.
- Discuss the critical significance of Nazism in shaping the politics of modern world.
- Familiarize students with the speeches and writings of Nazi leaders.