West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination – WBJEE
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is also known as WBJEE. WBJEE is a state-level entrance-based examination. Those candidates who want to take admission in various Undergraduate courses like Engineering, Pharmacy & Architecture courses in West Bengal.Those candidates who qualified for the exam with good marks will be eligible for admission into various courses in Government colleges, Self-Financed institution, and private colleges of West Bengal.
Candidates who have qualified JEE Main exam are also eligible for WBJEE counseling. Admission to any Government or Private institution will be offered to you based on your rank through common counseling held after the Exam result is announced. In this article, we have covered all the details of the WBJEE Entrance exam including Exam dates, Paper patterns, Eligibility Criteria, Books to follow for the WBJEE entrance exam, and many more. Candidates are advised to read this full article so they can get all information regarding the WBJEE Entrance exam.
WBJEE exam is conducted through offline mode. The exam will be held as an OMR examination with two different papers Mathematics (Paper-I) & Physics and Chemistry (Paper-II). Candidates need to qualify both papers to eligible for taking admission into a Government or Private institution. Those Candidates who want to fill the form visit the official website www.wbjee.nic.in
WBJEE Exam Overview
|Examination Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE)|
|Exam Dates||In May, June, or July (Dates are tentative because of Covid-19 Pandemic)|
|Exam Mode||Offline (OMR based)|
|No of questions||155 questions|
|Application fee||General category candidates – INR 500 and SC, ST, OBC candidates – INR 400|
|Exam duration||2 hours for each paper|
|Subjects paper wise||1. Paper-I – Mathematics 2. Paper-II – Physics & Chemistry (combined)|
|Frequency of conducting exam||Once a year|
WBJEE Exam Dates 2021
|WBJEE Application start date||February 23, 2021|
|Last date to fill application form||March 30, 2021|
|WBJEE Examination Dates||July 17, 2021|
|WBJEE Result Date||August 6, 2021|
|Commencement of WBJEE 2021 Counseling||August 12, 2021|
The pattern of the WBJEE Examination:
- Exam will be conducted through online mode (OMR-based questions).
- Candidates are required to appear for two papers:
- Paper-I – Mathematics
- Paper-II – Physics & Chemistry (combined).
Schedule of WBJEE Exam
|Examination Dates (Tentative dates can be changed also any issue come)||Subjects||Time of the Examination|
|17.07.2021||Paper-I (Mathematics)||11 a.m. to 1 p.m.|
|17.07.2021||Paper-II – Physics & Chemistry (combined)||2 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
The Pattern of WBJEE Examination:
All Questions will be Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs).
There will be three categories:
|Mathematics||• Category–I = 50 Marks (1 marks question) • Category–II = 15 Marks (2 marks question) • Category–III = 10 Marks (2 marks question) • Total questions asked for the Mathematics paper is 75. • Total marks are 100 for mathematics papers.|
|Chemistry||• Category–I = 30 Marks (1 marks question) • Category–II = 5 Marks (2 marks question) • Category–III = 5 Marks (2 marks question) • Total questions asked for the Chemistry paper is 40. • Total marks are 50 for chemistry papers.|
|Physics||• Category–I = 30 Marks (1 marks question) • Category–II = 5 Marks (2 marks question) • Category–III = 5 Marks (2 marks question) • Total questions asked for the Physics paper is 40. • Total marks are 50 for physics papers.|
Marking Scheme for the WBJEE Papers:
This three-category includes:
- 1. Category-I – One mark Question
Only 1 option is correct,
For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
Not attempting question no marks will cut.
- 2. Category-II – Two marks Question
Only 1 option is correct.
For every correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded.
0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
Not attempting question no marks will cut.
- 3. Category-III – Two marks Question
One or more options may be correct.
For all correct answers, 2 marks will be awarded.
0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
For Not attempting any question no marks will be cut.
Eligibility for WBJEE
Eligibility for WBJEE Examination:
- The candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) candidates will be only eligible for only Unreserved seats in All India Quota.
- Candidates must have passed class 10+2 OR must be appearing in 2021 in class 12 in the (10+2) system only.
- The lower age limit is 17 years as of 31.12.2021. There is no upper age limit appearing for the examination.
- For Admission to Marine Engineering course the upper age limit is 25 years as of 31.12.2021.
|Admission to Engineering Courses||Admissions to Pharmacy Courses|
|The candidates must have passed English subjects in the10+2 systems with at least 30% marks.||The candidates must have passed English subjects in the 10+2 systems with at least 30% marks.|
|The candidates must have passed in the 10+2 examination with Mathematics & Physics along within any one of Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical vocational subject & Computer Application as one of the compulsory subjects with individual pass marks.||The candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks.|
|For General category candidates, marks should be at least 45% marks & for OBC, SC, ST, PwD 40% in the case of reserved categories with overall marks of three subjects taken together.||For General category candidates, marks should be at least 45% marks & for OBC, SC, ST, PwD 40% in the case of reserved categories with overall marks of three subjects taken together.|
|The Candidates must be Qualifying an Examination with Central Government & State Government.||The Candidates must be Qualifying an Examination with Central Government & State Government. (As per the rule of Regulatory bodies, candidates who have passed the 10+2 system with non-classroom & non-formal schooling such as open school system of states, National Institute of Open Schooling, etc are not eligible for B.Pharm Courses.)|
Institutes with Special Eligibility Criteria
|Institutes Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences||B.Tech (Diary Technology) Course. The candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry & English as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks in a regular class mode. • For General category candidates at least 50% marks should be obtained & for OBC, SC, ST, PwD 40% in the case of reserved categories of overall marks of four subjects taken together.|
|Jadavpur University||1. For Engineering/Technology & Pharmacy courses: • The candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination in Science stream in Regular schooling or Regular class mode of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent exam with recognized board. • Individual pass marks in Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects. • Minimum of 60% marks including all subjects & Mathematics subject for general category students & 45% marks for SC, ST, OBC & PwD Candidates. And a minimum of 30% marks in English for all category students. 2. For Architecture Courses: • The candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination in Science stream in Regular schooling or Regular class mode of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent exam with recognized board. • Candidates should obtain a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry & 50% marks in 10+2 examination. And 37% for the reserved categories students are SC, ST, OBC & PwD Candidates. • The Candidates must be qualified in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) OR in Paper-2 of JEE Examination.|
|University of Calcutta||1. Jute & Fibre Technology • The candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination from a recognized board in regular class mode with Mathematics, Physics & Biology/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry with at least 60% for General category students. And 50% for reserved category students are SC, ST, OBC & PwD marks taken including all subjects. And at least 30% marks in English. 2. All available courses except Jute & Fibre Technology • The candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination from a recognized board in regular class mode with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry with at least 60% for General category students. And 55% for reserved category students are SC, ST, OBC & PwD marks taken including all subjects • The candidates must have passed English in the 10+2 system with at least 30% marks|
|Neotia University||1. B.Tech course in Marine Engineering • The candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & English as compulsory subjects with at least 60% marks in all the above three subjects taken together & at least 50% marks in English. 2. B.Pharma Course • The candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/ Biology & as compulsory subjects with at least 60% marks in all the above three subjects taken together. 3. B.Tech courses in other Engineering Branches • The candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, along with one of the Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Application/ Computer Science & as compulsory subjects with at least 60% marks in all the above three subjects taken together.|
|Aliah University||The candidates must have taken Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics having at least 100 marks in total each subject of the final Examination 10+2.|
|Sister Nivedita University||For admission in Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering & Electrical Engineering the criteria are given below: • The candidates must have passed English in the 10+2 system with at least 30% marks. • The candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with Physics & Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical vocational subject & Computer Application as one of the compulsory subjects with individual pass marks. • For the General category students marks should be at least 45% marks & 40% in the case of reserved categories Ex: OBC, SC, ST, PwD overall marks. • The Student must be Qualifying examination with State Government & Central Government.|
Special Course Eligibility Criteria
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|Five-Year Degree Course in Architecture||• The candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics with a total of 50% marks in the 10+2 Examination. • The candidates must be also qualified in NATA or Paper-2 of JEE Mains.|
|Marine Engineering||• The candidates must have passed the 10+2 Examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized State or Central Board in regular class mode. • The candidates must obtain 60% marks in Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry taken together with individual marks. • The candidates should obtain a minimum of 50% marks in English as a subject in 10th std or 10+2 std. • The criteria above mentioned are only applicable for Marine Engineering courses only.|
Preparation tips for the WBJEE Exam:
- Make a study plan daily what are the task you achieved in a day so it can help you in the future to improve your Time management.
- Syllabus is the most important part of the exam. So cover each topic step-wise.
- 11th & 12th concepts should be clear. So you can solve medium to harder level questions easily. If your basic concepts are clear and you are practicing daily.
- First, complete NCERT with a minimum of 5-6 time practice & then after go for previous year papers, reference books, and many more.
- You should also make a list of formulas so when you solve a question it will help & in WBJEE some questions are based on formulas so you can easily save your time in the Exam.
- Practice as many questions daily.
- At the time of practice maintain a speed so it can help you in the Entrance exam.
- Revise all the topics you have study daily. So it can improve to solve question.
- Plan a proper timetable.
- After all the above points you should remember Consistency, Hard work & Practice are the best you should maintain while preparing for the Exam.
Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme for WBJEE Exam
- The Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) scheme has been implemented by West Bengal for economically backward students & meritorious students.
- The Tuition Fee Waiver fee-only limited to Tuition fee all other fees are paid by candidates to institutes.
- The student must be domiciled in West Bengal and the family’s total income must be less than 2.50 lakhs.
Residential Domicile Certificate for WBJEE Exam
- The candidate must be domiciled of Home state of West Bengal for admission:
• Any seat for General Category candidates in any Government/ Technology/ Engineering/ Pharmacy Courses.
• Any reserved category seats in any institute for SC, ST, OBC & PwD candidates.
- The candidates will be treated as a Domicile of:
• Residing in West Bengal continuously at least for the last 10 years as of 31.12.2020.
• Those candidates whose parents are permanent residents of West Bengal having a permanent address within the state of West Bengal.
• The fee for General category candidates is INR 500.
• The fee for SC, ST, OBC category candidates is INR 400.
• Once fees are paid then fees can’t get refunded.
• The examination fees can be paid online mode through a Credit cards, Debit cards
& Net Banking only.
How to Apply for an Application Form?
• The candidates should enter their details such as Name, Father Name, Mother Name, Permanent Address, Mobile No, Date of Birth, Gender, etc.
• The candidates should check while filling the form & must be careful. The information cannot be changed or edit in any circumstances.
• The candidates must remember his/her application number, password & security question/ answer.
• In this stage the candidates need to fill up various information such as Category, Domicile, PwD status, Family income status, Academic details, Nationality, etc.
• If candidates applied for JEE Main 2021 he/she needs to enter JEE Main Application number.
- Uploading Images
• File size must be a minimum of 10kb & a maximum of 200kb for Candidates Images.
• File size must be a minimum of 4kb & a maximum of 30kb for Signature.
• File size must be a minimum of 50kb & a maximum of 300kb for Document Ex: Certificate, Marksheet, etc
- Payment of Examination Fee:
• The fees can be paid through Debit card, Net Banking & Credit card only.
• The fee once is paid is not refundable.
• Application fee for General candidates is INR 500 & for SC, ST, OBC candidates are INR 400.
Documents required at WBJEE
Documents required at WBJEE Entrance Examination:
- Candidates should carry valid ID proof are an Aadhar card.
- Candidates should reach the exam center at least 60 minutes before the timing of the examination.
- Candidates should bring their pen, pencil, or other stationery items. Authorities will not provide any items.
- All the candidates who are appearing for the examination should sign the attendance sheet in presence of the invigilator.
- Candidates should not carry any Electronic devices Smartphones & any other banned items. If candidates lost any devices then the examination center is not responsible for this. And there will be no such facility.
Books for preparing the WBJEE Entrance exam
|Understanding Physics Series by D.C Pandey||Trigonometry, Geometry Books by S.L. Loney||Handbook of Chemistry by Arihant|
|Objective Physics(Volume 1 & Volume 2) by Arihant Publications||Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur||Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D Lee|
|Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma (Volume 1 & Volume 2)||Objective Mathematics by R.D. Sharma||Organic Chemistry by O.P Tandon|
|Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov||Mathematics by R.S. Agarwal||Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee|
If you want to prepare for any Entrance examination syllabus is the most effective & valuable thing so first, you can cover any topic or chapter-wise so it will help to get into the best colleges by preparation. WBJEE syllabus consists of three subjects Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. In this article, you will find the complete chapter so you can prepare for the exam.
|Kinematics||Matrices||Atoms, Molecules, Atomic Structure|
|Units & Dimensions||Algebra||Principle of Qualitative Analysis|
|Laws of Motion||Logarithms||Nuclear Chemistry|
|Gravitation||Complex Numbers||Radioactivity, Chemistry in Industry|
|Viscosity||Permutations & Combinations||F & D Block Elements|
|Thermodynamics||Binomial Theorem||Chemical Bonding, Carbon|
|Physical World & Measurement||Principle of Mathematical Induction||Solid, Liquids & Gaseous State|
|Kinetic Theory of Gases||Sets||Molecular Structure|
|Bulk properties of Matter||Relations & Mappings||Environmental Chemistry|
|Oscillations, Waves||Statistics||Surface Chemistry, Chemical Dynamics|
|Magnetic effects of current||Probability||Polymers, Halogens|
|Electrostatics||Trigonometry||Chemistry of Metals|
|Current Electricity||Polynomial Equation||Chemistry of Carbon Compounds|
|Magnetics||Coordinate geometry of two dimensions||Haloalkanes & Haloarenes|
|Atomic Physics||Integral Calculus||Hydrogen, Oxygen & Sulphur|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Calculus||Alcohols & Carboxylic Acids|
|Electromagnetic Inductions||Differential Calculus||Redox & Chemical Equilibrium|
|Ray Optics||Coordinate geometry of three dimensions||Ethers & Amines|
|Wave Optics||Definite Integral||Coordination Compounds|
|Nuclear Physics||Application of Calculus||Introduction to Bio-Molecules|
|Alternating Current||Differential Equations||Aromatic Compounds|
|Solid-State Electronics||Vectors||Application Oriented Chemistry|
Published by: Ashish Jha