NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English Honeycomb Chapter 2 A Gift of Chappals & Poem 2 The Rebel with comprehension check, working with the text as well as language, speaking and writing section. Visit to NCERT Solutions of other subjects. Download Offline Apps for Class 7 all subjects.
|Subject:||English – Honeycomb|
|Chapter:||A Gift of Chappals|
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English Honeycomb Chapter 2
Honeycomb Chapter 2: Question – Answers
- Honeycomb Chapter 2: A Gift of Chappals
- Honeycomb Poem 2: The Rebel
- Honeycomb Passages with questions answers
7 English Chapter 2: A Gift of Chappals – Answers
7 English Poem 2: The Rebel – Answers
Passages with Question Answer
I. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
Mridu didn’t have much time to wonder about whose slippers they were, because Ravi dragged her to the backyard, behind a thick bitter-berry bush. There, inside a torn football lined with sacking and filled with sand, lay a very small kitten, lapping up milk from a coconut half-shell.
- Name the lesson.
- What was the kitten doing?
- Where did they find the kitten? See Answers
II. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
Mridu and Meena followed Ravi out. The beggar was already in the garden, making himself quite at home. He had spread his upper cloth under the neem tree, and was leaning against its trunk, apparently prepared to take a little snooze while he waited for the alms to appear. “Go away!” said Ravi sternly. “My Paati says it’s time you found another house to beg from!”
- How did the beggar make himself comfortable?
- Find two adjectives from the passage.
- Which word in the passage means ‘short sleep’? See Answers
III. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
Rukku Manni caught sight of Ravi, Mridu, and Meena sitting under the tree. “Have you children…” she began, and then, seeing they were curiously quiet, went on more slowly, “seen anyone lurking around the verandah?” A sharp V-shaped line had formed between her eyebrows. Another straight, tighter one appeared in place of her usually soft, pleasant mouth. Rukku Manni was angry! thought Mridu with a shiver. She wouldn’t be so upset if she knew about the poor beggar with sores on his feet, she tried to tell herself.
- What did the lines on her face suggest?
- Why was she upset?
- What did Mridu tell herself? See Answers
Answers for passages
Comprehension Passage I – Answers
- Name of the lesson is “A Gift of Chappals”.
- The kitten was lapping up milk from the coconut half-shell.
- They found the kitten outside the gate.
Comprehension Passage II – Answers
- The beggar made himself comfortable as he spread his upper cloth under the neem tree and leaned against its trunk.
- Little, upper.
Comprehension Passage III – Answers
- The lines on her face suggested that she was very angry.
- She was upset because music master could not find his chappals and she could guess that it was due to children’s mischief.
- Mridu told herself that aunt would not be upset if she know about poor beggars with sores on his feet.
Download NCERT Solutions Offline Apps for Class 7.