NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Chapter 4 A Truly Beautiful Mind & the poem The Lake Isle of Innisfree is given below. Visit to NCERT Solutions page to download all subjects solutions. Download Class 9 Offline Apps which works without internet.
|Subject||English – Beehive|
|Chapter||A Truly Beautiful Mind|
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Chapter 4
Visit to Class 9 English main page
Beehive Chapter 4: Question – Answers
- Beehive Chapter 4: A Truly Beautiful Mind
- Beehive Poem 4: The Lake Isle Innisfree
- Beehive Passages with questions answers
9 English Chapter 4: A Truly Beautiful Mind – Answers
9 English Poem 4: The Lake Isle Innisfree – Answers
Passages with Question Answer
I. Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow:
A headmaster once told his father that what Einstein chose as a profession wouldn’t matter, because “he’ll never make a success at anything.” Einstein began learning to play the violin at the age of six, because his mother wanted him to; he later became a gifted amateur violinist, maintaining this skill throughout his life.
1. What was told by headmaster about Albert?
2. Identify ‘he’ in these lines.
3. When did Einstein learn to play violin? See Answers
II. Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow:
In 1900, at the age of 21, Albert Einstein was a university graduate and unemployed. He worked as a teaching assistant, gave private lessons and finally secured a job in 1902 as a technical expert in the patent office in Bern. While he was supposed to be assessing other people’s inventions, Einstein was actually developing his own ideas in secret.
1. When did he secure his job finally?
2. In what capacity did Einstein start his career?
3. Pick out the word from the passage which means same as ‘evaluating’. See Answers
III. Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow:
The pair finally married in January 1903, and had two sons. But a few years later, the marriage faltered. Mileva, meanwhile, was losing her intellectual ambition and becoming an unhappy housewife. After years of constant fighting, the couple finally divorced in 1919. Einstein married his cousin Elsa the same year.
1. Identify the ‘couple in these lines’.
2. When was the pair married?
3. What was the result of constant bickering? See Answers
Answers for passages
Answers for Passage I:
1. A headmaster told that Einstein will never make a success at anything.
2. ‘He’ stands for Albert Einstein.
3. Einstein learnt to play the violin at the age of six.
Answers for Passage II:
1. Finally, Einstein got a job in the Patent office in 1902.
2. He started his career as a teaching assistant.
Answers for Passage III:
1. The couple consisted of Albert Einstein and Mileva Maric.
2. The pair was finally married in January 1903.
3. Their constant bickering resulted in divorce in 1919.