NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.3 in Hindi and English Medium of Quadratic Equations updated for CBSE 2023-24.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.3
Class 10 Maths Ex. 4.3 solution Quadratic Equations in Hindi and English Medium free to use online or download in PDF file format. All the solutions are available in Video Format also, in which each question is described properly. After going through PDF solutions, student can take help from videos if required.
10th Maths solutions are in Hindi Medium and English Medium free to use or download in PDF file format updated for new academic year. These solutions are useful for UP Board students also, so download UP Board Solution for Class 10 Maths exercise 4.3 in Hindi or English. Download Class 10 Maths Apps in Hindi and English Medium based on NCERT Books 2023-24 for offline use. Visit to Discussion Forum to ask your doubts and answer the questions asked by other users.
|Chapter 4:||Exercise 4.3|
|Content:||NCERT Question Answers|
|Medium:||English and Hindi Medium|
10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.3 Solutions
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.3 Quadratic Equations in English & Hindi Medium free to use or download are given below updated. Download Class 10 Maths Apps in Hindi or English for offline use. Class 10 Maths Solutions are in updated form for CBSE, MP Board & UP Board students following NCERT Books based on Latest CBSE Syllabus.
Word Problems with Answer on Quadratic Equations
- Sum of the areas of two squares is 400 cm². If the difference of their perimeters is 16 cm, find the sides of two squares. [Answer: 24 cm or 10 cm]
- The sum of the squares of two natural numbers is 29. If the second number is one more than twice the first number, find the numbers. [Answer: 2 and 5]
- The area of an isosceles triangle is 60 cm² and the length of each one of its equal sides is 13 cm. Find its base. [Answer: Length = 24 cm]
- A girl is twice as old as her sister. Four years hence the product of their ages (in years) will be 160.Find their present age. [Answer: 6 years, 12 years]
- Find three consecutive odd positive integers the sum of whose squares is 371. [Answer: 8, 11 and 13]
Questions with answers from Board Papers
- A motor boat whose speed in still water is 18 km/hr takes 1 hour more to go 24 km upstream that to return downstream to the same spot. Find the speed of the stream. [Answer: 6 km/h]
- A fast train takes 3 hours less than a slow train for a journey of 600 km. If the speed of the slow train is 10 km/hr less than that of the fast train, find the speeds of the two trains. [Answer: 40 km/h, 50 km/h]
- A two digit number is such that the product of its digits is 35. When 18 is added to the number, the digits interchanged their places. Find the number. [Answer: 57]
- The numerator of a fraction is 3 less than the denominator. If 2 is added to both the numerator and the denominator, then the sum of the new fraction and the original fraction is 29/20. Find the original fraction. [Answer: 7/10]
- The difference of two natural numbers is 3 and the difference of their reciprocals is 3/28. Find the numbers. [Answer: 7, 4]
Questions for Practice on 10th Maths Chapter 4
- A natural number, when increased by 12 equals 160 times its reciprocal. Find the number. [Answer: 8]
- Three consecutive positive integers are such that the sum of the square of the first and the product of other two is 46, find the integers. [Answer: 4, 5, 6]
- A two digit number is four times the sum and three time the product of its digits. Find the numbers. [Answer: 24]
- The age of a man is twice the square of the age of his son. Eight years hence, the age of the man will be 4 years more than three times the age of his son. Find their present ages. [Answer: Man = 32 years, son = 4 years]
- The hypotenuse of a grassy land in the shape of a right triangle is 1 metre more than twice the shortest side, if the third side is 7 metres more than the shortest side, find the sides of the grassy land. [Answer: 8m, 17m, 15m]
- In a class test, the sum of the marks obtained by Tiwari in Mathematics and Science is 28. Had he got 3 marks more in Mathematics and 4 marks less in Science, the product of his marks, would have been 180. Find the marks in the two subjects. [Answer: Marks in maths = 12, marks in science = 16]
Important Questions of 10th Maths Exercise 4.3
What is meant by a quadratic equation?
A quadratic equation in the variable x is an equation of the form ax² + bx + c = 0, where a, b, c are real numbers, a ≠ 0. For example, 9x² + 100x – 5 = 0 is a quadratic equation.
Is x² + 2 = 0, a quadratic equation?
In x² + 2 = 0 has a term with degree 2, so it is a quadratic equation.
Is x + 5 = 0, a quadratic equation?
No, in x + 5 = 0, there is not any term containing a second degree variable. It is a linear equation.
Is 0.x² + 2x + 7 = 0, a quadratic equation?
In 0.x² + 2x + 7 = 0, the coefficient of x² is 0. So, it will not be considered as a quadratic equation.
Help and Support
All the contents are now revised according to new CBSE Curriculum. If still someone is facing problem, please contact us for help. Download NCERT CBSE Books for Class 10 Mathematics and Offline Apps 2023-24 based on new CBSE Syllabus. Ask your doubts related to NIOS or CBSE Board and share your knowledge with your friends and other users through Discussion Forum.
Which two methods we study in ex 4.3 of Xth Maths?
Two methods to find solutions of quadratic equations in exercise 4.3 of class 10 mathematics are:
Completing the square.
Is quadratic formula method easy to solve exercise 4.3 of Class 10 Maths?
Quadratic formula is very easy method. Students should prefer quadratic formula to find solutions of quadratic equations if no method is mention in question.
Is there any tricky question in ex 4.3 of 10th Maths?
Yes, Q3 of ex 4.3 (chapter 4 Quadratic equations) of class 10th mathematics is tricky.
Are there any word problems in ex 4.3 class 10th Maths?
Yes, there are 8 word problems in ex 4.3 (chapter 4) of class 10th mathematics.