Class 7 English Honeycomb Chapter 6 Important Questions
Class 7 English Honeycomb Chapter 6 Important Questions of Expert Detectives. All the short and long questions from NCERT Book are given below with suitable answers. Along with intext question answers, a reference to context-based questions answers are also given below for practice.Class 7 English Chapter 6 Extra practice question answers provide a better way to learn the incidents of the chapter in simple language. All the questions are important for the school tests and CBSE terminal exams.
- 0.1 What is the real name of seven?
- 0.2 Who is Maya?
- 0.3 What was Maya’s prediction for Mr. Nath’s scares?
- 0.4 What was the apprehension of Mr. Nath for seven’s second visit?
- 0.5 How did Nishad and Maya spend their holiday?
- 0.6 What all facts Maya collected about Mr. Nath?
- 0.7 What is the difference of opinion of both siblings?
- 0.8 “Mr. Nath was a mystery for both’. How has the Nishad’s opinion changed about him?
- 0.9 What did Maya think about the visitor of Mr. Nath?
- 0.10 What did Nishad give Mr. Nath? Why?
- 0.11 What is “strange” about Mr. Nath’s Sunday?
- 0.12 Children are inquisitive in nature and are compassionate too. Discuss.
- 0.13 Why did Nishad and Maya get a holiday?
- 0.14 The kids representative of a special dimension for creativity in the children’s world. How?
- 0.15 Why does Maya think Mr. Nath is a crook? Who does she say the Sunday visitor is?
- 0.16 Did Nishad agree with Maya about Mr. Nath? How did he feel about him?
- 0.17 What does Nishad find out about Mr. Nath from Ramesh?
- 1 Reference to Context – 1
- 2 Reference to Context – 2
- 3 Reference to Context – 3
- 4 Reference to Context – 4
Class 7 English Honeycomb Chapter 6 Important Questions
|Chapter: 6||Expert Detectives|
|Contents:||Important Questions with answers|
7th English Chapter 6 Important Extra Questions for 2020-2021
Class 7 English Chapter 6 Extra Questions with answers are given below for the preparation of exams. It covers the entire chapter from NCERT Textbook. To prepare this chapter, a student goes through these questions after reading NCERT Book once. It covers almost all the topics given in chapter 6 of 7th English.
What is the real name of seven?
Nishad’s name meant the seventh note on the musical scale, so Maya called him seven.
Who is Maya?
Maya is the sister of Nishad and the narrator in the lesson Expert Detectives.
What was Maya’s prediction for Mr. Nath’s scares?
Maya assumed that Mr. Nath would have got his scars in a shoot – out with the police.
What was the apprehension of Mr. Nath for seven’s second visit?
Mr. Nath thought Nishad had visited him again to his place in search of his marbles.
How did Nishad and Maya spend their holiday?
Nishad was lying on his bed and reading a comic book on his unexpected holiday and Maya was jotting down the line of investigation.
What all facts Maya collected about Mr. Nath?
Answer: Maya collected the following facts, His name was Mr. Nath and they must find out his first name. Other tenants at Shankar’s house called him mad strange and unfriendly. He didn’t speak with anyone and lacked manners. He never received any letters and been living as a tenant in room no. 10 in Shankar house. He didn’t use to work anywhere and was in his room the whole day. All the kids and some of the grown-up people in Shankar’s house were scared of him. He had no visitor except the same man every Sunday. Ramesh used to get his food from the restaurant downstairs and Mr. Nath was not much bothered about it. He used to pay him immediately and also used to give tips.
What is the difference of opinion of both siblings?
Maya was calling Mr. Nath; an escaped crook. In contrast to it, Nishad took him as an ordinary man.
“Mr. Nath was a mystery for both’. How has the Nishad’s opinion changed about him?
Nishad turned sympathetic towards Mr. Nath seeing his gaunt appearance. His attitude changed further when he came to know that he used to give regular tips to Ramesh for bringing his food. Then he also remembered his mother’s words that Mr. Nath was a polite man.
What did Maya think about the visitor of Mr. Nath?
Maya thought that Mr. Nath’s visitor was his accomplice in his crimes. She believed that he kept all the. Loot with him and shared the money.
What did Nishad give Mr. Nath? Why?
Nishad gave a bar of chocolate to Mr. Nath because he thought Mr. Nath was poor and starving.
What is “strange” about Mr. Nath’s Sunday?
Every Sunday Mr. Nath used to have the same visitor at his home and the two used to have lunch together
Children are inquisitive in nature and are compassionate too. Discuss.
Answer: Nishad resisted the idea that Mr. Nath is a crook. He wanted to investigate the truth. Yet did not give, upon the idea. Mr. Nath was a suspicious character. Both of them wanted to peep inside his life. When Nishad visited Mr. Nath along with his mother, who went to see him as a patient, he found him feeble and lonely. He was moved by the pathetic state of Mr. Nath. At the end of the story, he went out to befriend such a lonely person.
Why did Nishad and Maya get a holiday?
Nishad and Maya got a holiday because of a heavy downpour. The streets were flooded due to the rain. Since no traffic could move through the flooded roads, they got a holiday.
The kids representative of a special dimension for creativity in the children’s world. How?
Nath was not leading a normal life, as he lived alone and got his food from a restaurant. He is visited by a visitor on Sunday’s only. The creativity is evident when Maya jotted down the line of investigation Nishad had a curious mind too. Children have sharp intellect and observation. They were obsessed with the idea to get to know about Mr. Nath. They enquired from Ramesh, who brings food for him. Nishad tried to enter his house to investigate. They came with loads of ideas. Yet their motive wasn’t to make fun of him. They were forgiving, compassionate, and soft-hearted who are willing to lend their helping hand to the needy. For them, everyone should be happy.
Why does Maya think Mr. Nath is a crook? Who does she say the Sunday visitor is?
Maya thinks that Mr. Nath is a crook because he doesn’t talk to anyone and has no friends. She believes that his scars are a result of a shoot-out with police. He doesn’t work anywhere and sit at home all day and there are no visitors at his place except the Sunday morning guest. He is not bothered about his meals and pays the money in cash. She thinks that the Sunday visitor is his partner in the crime. He keeps the money from the loot and comes to give Mr. Nath his share.
Did Nishad agree with Maya about Mr. Nath? How did he feel about him?
No, Nishad did not agree with Maya about Mr. Nath. He wanted to find out why Mr. Nath was so thin and so lonely. He also wanted to know why he did not have any friends and lived alone. When Maya said recognize him and in from the police, Nishad responded by saying that perhaps no one had ever tried to make friends with him. He finally said that he liked Mr. Nath and was going to try and be his friend. Maya’s theories did not make any impression on him.
What does Nishad find out about Mr. Nath from Ramesh?
What he eats
When he eats
What he drinks, and when
How he pays
Answer: Nishad finds out from Ramesh that Mr. Nath took two meals in a day every morning and evening. He was not particular about what he eats, it’s always the same food two chapattis, some dal, and vegetables. He drank two cups of tea, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. He pays cash and tips well.
Reference to Context – 1
“But Maya, Mr. Mehta told us he doesn’t work anywhere, so how can he possibly have money to pay for food?” Nishad said. “Exactly!” I exclaimed. “He must have lots of money hidden somewhere, maybe in that trunk in his room. It’s probably full of silver and gold and jewels and…” “What rubbish, “Nishad interrupted. “I know I’m right, stupid, “I told him. “By the way, Seven, did you see his scars? I couldn’t, it was too dark, but I bet he got them during a shootout with the police or something.”
- What was the information imparted by Mr. Mehta?
- Where was the money in Maya’s opinion?
- What couldn’t Maya see in the dark?
- Give antonym of “Hidden”.
- Mr. Mehta informed that Mr. Nath didn’t work anywhere.
- In Maya’s opinion, the money was hidden in the trunks in Mr. Nath’s room.
- Maya couldn’t see the scars.
Reference to Context – 2
On the Monday following Mamma’s birthday, Seven went along with her to the Clinic at Girgaum as I was spending the evening with a school friend. When they returned, Nishad told me he’d been to see Mr. Nath and I felt most annoyed that I hadn’t been there. Seven had been quite upset about Mr. Nath’s gaunt appearance and was sure that he was starving. He told me that he had knocked loudly on Mr. Nath’s door that evening and said, “Open the door quickly, Mr. Nath.”
- Where did he go for Mamma’s birthday?
- Why was the narrator angry?
- What was Seven upset about?
- When did Seven go to Mr. Nath’s house?
- What is the present participle of the word “knock”?
- He went to his mother’s clinic at Girgaum.
- The narrator was angry as she wasn’t taken to Mr. Nath’s house.
- Seven was upset about Mr. Nath’s gaunt appearance.
- Seven went to Mr. Nath’s house in the evening.
Reference to Context – 3
“Criminals can look quite ordinary, smarty,” I retorted. “Did you see the pictures of the Hyderabad housebreaker in the papers yesterday? He looked like any man on the street.” Nishad looked doubtful. The monsoons broke the next day. Dark clouds accompanied by blinding flashes of lightning and roaring rolls of thunder burst with all their fury, flooding the streets with a heavy downpour. The school was to have reopened after the summer holidays, but no traffic could move through the flooded roads and there was an unexpected holiday.
- Why did Maya Mention about Hyderabadi house breaker?
- Who said “smarty” and to whom?
- How were the streets flooded?
- Where were they going to?
- Give the meaning of “downpour”.
- Because she wanted to convey the idea that the criminal could look quite ordinary.
- Maya called smarty to her brother “seven”.
- The streets were flooded with the heavy rainfall in monsoons.
- They were going to school after the summer holidays.
- A heavy fall of rain.
Reference to Context – 4
A brilliant thought occurred to e just then. “That man must be Mr. Nath’s accomplice in crime,” I said. “Maybe keeps all the loot and he comes now and then to give part of it to his partner, Mr. Nath, for expenses. That’s it! I’m right.” “If you insist on calling him a criminal, I don’t think I want to discuss anything with you, Maya,” said Nishad angrily. “He can’t be such a bad man if he gives Ramesh such generous tips.”
- What “brilliant thought” occurred to her?
- Why did the partner visit Maya’s opinion?
- Why was Nishad angry?
- What was his argument in support of his answer?
- What is the meaning “loot”?
- The “brilliant thought” that occurred to her was that the visitor could be an accomplice in his crime.
- Maya thought that the partner visits him to give a share of the loot to Mr. Nath.
- Nishad did not like it when his sister calls Mr. Nath, a criminal, so Nishad was angry.
- He argued that Mr. Nath gave generous tips to Ramesh.
Feedback and Suggestion
We work according to feedback received by users. If someone want to suggest us about the online contents and updated NCERT Solutions for 2020-2021, please contact us. We will do the needful as soon as possible.