Class 7 English Grammar Chapter 23 Summary Writing
Class 7 English Grammar Chapter 23 Summary Writing. Summary writing is the stage next to comprehension. A summary means the gist or substance of a given passage in as few words as possible.Usually a summary is one third of the given passage in length. It should be brief and should contain almost all the important points of the paragraph.
Grade 7 English Grammar Chapter 23 Summary Writing
|Class: 7||English Grammar|
|Chapter: 23||Summary Writing|
Features of a Good Summary
How to Write a Summary
- Read the passage carefully several times to get its central idea.
- Frame a suitable short title that should express the subject of the passage.
- Underline the main points stated in it.
- Then prepare a brief outline of the passage.
- The outline must be in your own words.
- Avoid the use of words and phrases used in the given passage.
- Now write a summary in a connected style.
- One word substitution is the best tool in summarizing a passage.
Write th Summary
A great part of Arabia is a desert with nothing but sand and rock. The sand is so hot by day that one cannot walk over it bare footed. Here and there are found springs of water that comes from deep down under the ground. These springs are few and far between. But wherever there is such a spring, green grass has grown over the land around it. Also, fig and palm trees have grown to make the place cool and shady. Such a place is called an
The people living in Arabia are called Arabs. They eat ripe sweet figs and dates that grow on palm trees. They have the finest horses in the world and they are very proud of them. Nay, an Arab loves his riding more than his family even.
Summary and Title
Arabia is a desert with sand too hot to walk over by day. At places are found oases with cool water, green grass and trees. The Arabs eat ripe fruits of these trees. They keep fine horses whom they love dearly and are also proud of them.
Title: Arabia and the Arabs.