NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 10 Wave Optics Chapter end Exercises with solutions and Additional Exercises Solutions in PDF form free download. Solutions as well as Offline Apps are based on latest NCERT Books issued for 2019-20.
|Chapter 10:||Wave Optics|
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 10
- 12 Physics Chapter 10: Wave Optics
- NCERT Book Chapter 10
- NCERT Answers
- Revision Book Chapter 10
- Revision Book Answers
- Revision Notes 1
- Revision Notes 2
12 Physics Chapter 10 Exercises
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 10 Wave Optics exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to see the Additional Exercises questions of this chapter or go to 12 Physics main page.
12 Physics Chapter 10 Additional Exercises
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 10 Wave Optics additional exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to see Exercises Questions or move to Top of the page or go to 12 Physics main page.
Important Questions for Practice
- Show that maximum intensity in interference pattern is four times the intensity due to each slit if amplitude of light emerging from slits is same.
- A person looking at a mesh of crossed wire is able to see the vertical wire more distinctly than the horizontal wire. Which defect he is suffering from? How can this defect be corrected?
- How is a wave front different from a ray? Draw the geometrical shape of the wave fronts when.
(i) light diverges from a point source, (ii) light emerges out of convex lens when a point source is placed at
- Define diffraction. Deduce an expression for fringe width of the central maxima of the diffraction pattern, produced by single slit illuminated with monochromatic light source
- State the condition under which the phenomenon of diffraction of light takes place. Derive an expression for the width of the central maximum due to diffraction of light at a single slit. Also draw the intensity pattern with angular position.
- A ray of light passes through an equilateral prism in such a manner that the angle of incidence is equal to angle of emergence and each of these angles is equal to 3/4 of angle of prism. Find angle of deviation.
- Critical angle for a certain wavelength of light in glass is 30°. Calculate the polarizing angle and the angle of refraction in glass corresponding to this.
- An object of length 2.5cm is placed at a distance of 1.5f from a concave mirror where f is the focal length of the mirror. The length of object is perpendicular to principal axis. Find the size of image. Is the image erect or inverted?
- A radio can tune into any station of frequency band 7.5 MHz to 10 MHz. Find the corresponding wave length range.
- Describe an astronomical telescope and derive an expression for its magnifying power using a labelled ray diagram.