NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 3 Exercises and Additional Exercises of Current Electricity in PDF form free download or use it online without downloading. Solutions are updated on the basis of latest NCERT Books for 2018-19.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 3
- 12 Physics Chapter 3: Current Electricity
- Study Online: Exercises Question Answers
- Study Online: Additional Exercises Answers
- Download Exercises Question Answers
- Download Additional Exercises Answers
- Practice Questions for Competitive Exams
- NCERT Book Chapter 3
- NCERT Answers
- Revision Book Chapter 3
- Revision Book Answers
- Revision Notes 1
- Revision Notes 2
- Quick Revision & Revision Questions
12 Physics Chapter 3 Exercises
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 3 Current Electricity exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to see the Additional Exercises questions of this chapter or go to 12 Physics main page.
12 Physics Chapter 3 Additional Exercises
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 3 Current Electricity additional exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to see Exercises Questions or move to Top of the page or go to 12 Physics main page.
Previous Chapter: Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
Next Chapter: Moving Charges and Magnetism
Questions for Practice
- Define specific resistance. Write its SI unit. Derive an expression for resistivity of a wire in terms of its material’s parameters, number density of free electrons and relaxation time.
- State the principle of potentiometer. Draw a circuit diagram used to compare the emf of two primary cells. Write the formula used.
- Electron drift speed is estimated to be only a few mm/s for currents in the range of few amperes? How then is current established almost the instant a circuit is closed.
- Derive an expression for capacitance of parallel plate capacitor with dielectric slab of thickness t(t<d) between the plates separated by distance d. How would the following (i) energy (ii) charge, (iii) potential be affected if dielectric slab is introduced with battery disconnected, (b) dielectric slab is introduced after the battery is connected.
- Using Gauss’s theorem obtain an expression for electric field intensity due to a plane sheet of charge. Hence obtain expression for electric field intensity in a parallel plate capacitor.
- Define emf and terminal potential difference of a cell. When is the terminal charging potential difference greater than emf? Explain how emf and terminal potential difference can be compared using a potentiometer and hence determine internal resistance of the cell.
- Deduce the condition for balance in a Wheatstone bridge. Using the principle of Wheatstone bridge, describe the method to determine the specific resistance of a wire in the laboratory. Draw the circuit diagram and write the formula used. Write any two important precautions you would observe while performing the experiment.
- Two point charges 4e and e each, at a separation r in air, exert force of magnitude F. They are immersed in a medium of dielectric constant 16. What should be the separation between the charges so that the force between them remains unchanged. (1/4 the original separation)
- A point charge develops an electric field of 40 N/C and a potential difference of 10 J/C at a point. Calculate the magnitude of the charge and the distance from the point charge.
- A storage battery of emf 12V and internal resistance of 1.5Ω is being charged by a 12V dc supply. How much resistance is to be put in series for charging the battery safely, by maintaining a constant charging current of 6A.