NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 5 Exercises and Additional Exercises of Magnetism and Matter in PDF form free download or study online. CBSE Solutions as well as NCERT Sols Apps are as per latest CBSE Syllabus for 2019-20.
|Chapter 5:||Magnetism and Matter|
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 5
- 12 Physics Chapter 5: Magnetism and Matter
- NCERT Book Chapter 5
- NCERT Answers
- Revision Book Chapter 5
- Revision Book Answers
- Revision Notes 1
- Revision Notes 2
12 Physics Chapter 5 Exercises
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 5 Magnetism and Matter exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to see the Additional Exercises questions of this chapter or go to 12 Physics main page.
12 Physics Chapter 5 Additional Exercises
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 5 Magnetism and Matter additional exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to see Exercises Questions or move to Top of the page or go to 12 Physics main page.
Questions for Practice
- A steady current I flows along an infinitely long straight wire with circular cross-section of radius R. What will be the magnetic field outside and inside the wire at a point r distance far from the axis of wire?
- A galvanometer coil has a resistance G. 1% of the total current goes through the coil and rest through the shunt. What is the resistance of the shunt?
- A particle of mass m and charge q moves at right angles to a uniform magnetic field. Plot a graph showing the variation of the radius of the circular path described by it with the increase in its kinetic energy, where, other factors remain constant.
- A coil of N turns and radius R carries a current I. It is unwound and rewound to make another coil of radius R/2, current remaining the same. Calculate the ratio of the magnetic moment of the new coil and original coil.
- Define the term magnetic dipole moment of a current loop. Write the expression for the magnetic moment when an electron revolves at a speed ‘v’, around an orbit of radius ‘r’ in hydrogen atom.
- The divisions marked on the scale of an a.c. ammeter are not equally spaced. Why?
- How does an inductor behave in a DC circuit after the current reaches to steady state? Justify.
- Derive the expression for force between two infinitely long parallel straight wires carrying current in the same direction. Hence define ‘ampere’ on the basis of above derivation.
- Obtain an expression for the magnetic moment of an electron moving with a speed ‘v’ in a circular orbit of radius ‘r’. How does this magnetic moment change when:
- the frequency of revolution is doubled?
- the orbital radius is halved?
- A long wire is first bent into a circular coil of one turn and then into a circular coil of smaller radius having n turns. If the same current passes in both the cases, find the ratio of the magnetic fields produced at the centres in the two cases.