NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 8 Electromagnetic Waves (EM Waves) Exercises Solutions and Additional Exercises Solutions in PDF form as well as study online mode. Download Offline Apps and NCERT Solutions are based on updated NCERT Books for 2019-20 session.
|Chapter 8:||Electromagnetic Waves|
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 8
- 12 Physics Chapter 8: Electromagnetic Waves
- NCERT Book Chapter 8
- NCERT Answers
- Revision Book Chapter 8
- Revision Book Answers
- Revision Notes 1
- Revision Notes 2
12 Physics Chapter 8 Exercises
12 Physics Chapter 8 Additional Exercises
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 8 Electromagnetic Waves additional exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to see Exercises Questions or move to Top of the page or go to 12 Physics main page.
- The amplitude of the magnetic field vector of an electromagnetic wave travelling in vacuum is 2.4mT. Frequency of the wave is 16 MHz. Find: (i) Amplitude of electric field vector and (ii) Wavelength of the wave.
- Relative electric permittivity of a medium is q and relative permeability is close to unity. What is the speed of em waves in the medium.
- Name the part of the electromagnetic spectrum of wavelength 10^-2 m and mention its one application.
[Answer: Microwave, microwave oven.]
- Which physical quantity, If any has the same value for waves belonging to the different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum?[Answer: Speed]
- For the same angle of the incidence the angle of refraction in three media A, B and C are 15°, 25° and 35° respectively. In which medium would the velocity of light be minimum? [Answer: A]
- A water tank is 4 meter deep. A candle flame is kept 6 meter above the level. n for water is 4/3. Where will the image of the candle be formed? [Answer: 6 m. below the water level.]
- State the principles of production of EM waves. An EM wave of wavelength λ goes from vacuum to a medium of refractive index n. What will be the frequency of wave in the medium?
- The image of a small bulb fixed on the wall of a room is to be obtained on the opposite wall ‘s’ m away by means of a large convex lens. What is the maximum possible local length of the lens required.
- Name EM radiations used (i) in the treatment of cancer. (ii) For detecting flaw in pipes carrying oil.
(iii) In sterilizing surgical instruments.
- Find the wavelength of electromagnetic waves of frequency 5 x 10^19 Hz in free space. Give its two applications.