NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 9 Ray Optics and Optical Instruments end Exercises Questions Answers with solutions and Additional Exercises Solutions in PDF form or Study Online with the option given below. Download Offline Apps based on NCERT Books and CBSE Sols of other subjects also.
|Chapter 9:||Ray Optics and Optical Instruments|
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 9
- 12 Physics Chapter 9: Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- NCERT Book Chapter 9
- NCERT Answers
- Revision Book Chapter 9
- Revision Book Answers
- Revision Notes 1
- Revision Notes 2
12 Physics Chapter 9 Exercises (Q1 – Q17)
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 9 Ray Optics and Optical Instruments exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to see the Exercises (Q18 – Q38) questions of this chapter or go to 12 Physics main page.
12 Physics Chapter 9 Exercises (Q18 – Q38)
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 9 Ray Optics and Optical Instruments exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to see Exercises Questions (Q1 – Q17) or move to Top of the page or go to 12 Physics main page.
Important Questions for Practice
- A near sighted person can clearly see objects up to a distance of 1.5m. Calculate power of the concave lens of focal length 1.5 m for the remedy of this defect. (P = – 0.67D)
- Two poles-one 4m high and the other is 4.5 m high are situated at distance 40m and 50m respectively from an eye. Which pole will appear taller?
- The angle subtended at the eye by an object is equal to the angle subtended at the eye by the virtual image produced by a magnifying glass. In what sense then does magnifying glass produce angular magnification?
- You are provided with four convex lenses of focal length 1cm, 3cm, 10cm and 100 cm. Which two would you prefer for a microscope and which two for a telescope.
- A microscope is focussed on a dot at the bottom of the beaker. Some oil is poured into the beaker to a height of ‘b’ cm and it is found that microscope has to raise through vertical distance of ‘a’ cm to bring the dot again into focus. Express refractive index of oil is terms of a and b.
- With the help of ray diagram explain the phenomenon of total internal reflection. Obtain the relation between critical angle and refractive indices of two media. Draw ray diagram to show how right angled isosceles prism can be used to: (i) Deviate the ray through 180°. (ii) Deviate the ray through 90°.
(iii) Invert the ray.
- The refractive index of medium is 1.5. A beam of light of wavelength 6000 A° enters in the medium from air. Find wavelength and frequency of light in the medium.
- An object of length 2.5cm is placed at a distance of 1.5f from a concave mirror where f is the focal length of the mirror. The length of object is perpendicular to principal axis. Find the size of image. Is the image erect or inverted?
- For a man shortest distance of distinct vision is 20 cm. What will be the type and power of lens which would enable him to read a book at a distance of 60 cm?
- A hypermetropic person whose near point is at 100 cm wants to read a book. Find the nature and power of the lens needed.