NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English Honeycomb Chapter 1 Three Questions & Poem 1 The Squirrel is given below. Three Questions and the poem 1 The squirrel with Part I and Part II comprehension check, working with the text, working with language, speaking and writing skills. Visit to NCERT Solutions of other subjects.
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 English Honeycomb Chapter 1
Honeycomb Chapter 1: Question – Answers
- Honeycomb Chapter 1: Three Questions
- Honeycomb Poem 1: The Squirrel
- Honeycomb Passages with questions answers
7 English Chapter 1: Three Questions – Answers
7 English Poem 1: The Squirrel – Answers
Passages with Question Answer
I. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
When the king had dug two beds, he stopped and repeated his questions. The hermit gave no answer, but stood up, stretching out his hand for the spade, and said, “Now you rest, and let me work.”
But the king did not give him the spade and continued to dig.
- Name the lesson and the author.
- What were the king’s questions?
- Why did the king continue to dig? See Answers
II. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
The man felt better and asked for something to drink. The king brought fresh water and gave it to him. By this time the sun had set and the air was cool. The king with the hermit’s help carried the wounded man into the hut and laid him on the bed. The man closed his eyes and lay quiet. The king, tired by his walk and the work he had done, lay down on the floor and slept through the night.
- How did the man feel better?
- What time of the day was it?
- Why did the king sleep through the night? See Answers
III. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows:
Leaving the wounded man, the king went out of the hut and looked round for the hermit. Before going away he wished once more to get answers to his questions. The hermit was on his knees sowing seeds in the beds that had been dug the day before. The king went up to the hermit and said, “For the last time I beg you to answer my questions, wise man.”
- Why did the king look round for the hermit?
- What was the hermit doing then?
- How did the king address the hermit? See Answers
Answers for passages
Comprehension Passage I – Answers
- The name of the lesson is “The Three Questions” and the name of the author is “Leo Tolstoy”.
- The kin’s questions were (i). What is the right time to begin something? (ii). Which people should he listen to? (iii). What is the most important thing for him to do?
- The king continued to dig because the hermit was tired and the king wanted to help him.
Comprehension Passage II – Answers
- The mam felt better because the king and the hermit took good care of him. The king washed his wound and dressed it twice.
- It was late evening.
- The king was tired by his walk and the work he had done.
Comprehension Passage III – Answers
- The king looked for the hermit because he wished that before going he must get answers to his questions.
- The hermit was sowing seeds in the beds that had been dug the day before.
- The king addressed the hermit as ‘Wise man’.