NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Beehive Chapter 1
Beehive Chapter 1: Question – Answers
- Beehive Chapter 1: The Fun They Had
- Beehive Poem 1: The Road Not Taken
- Beehive Passages with questions answers
9 English Chapter 1: The Fun They Had – Answers
9 English Poem 1: The Road Not Taken – Answers
Passages with Question Answer
I. Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow:
They turned the pages, which were yellow and crinkly, and it was awfully funny to read words that stood still instead of moving the way they were supposed to — on a screen, you know. And then when they turned back to the page before, it had the same words on it that it had had when they read it the first time.
- Who are ‘they’ referred’ to here as?
- Why were they surprised?
- What kind of books they were studying in their schools?
- What kind of pages the book had? See Answers
II. Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow:
The Inspector had smiled after he was finished and patted Margie’s head. He said to her mother, “It’s not the little girl’s fault, Mrs Jones. I think the geography sector was geared a little too quick. Those things happen sometimes. I’ve slowed it up to an average ten-year level. Actually, the overall pattern of her progress is quite satisfactory.” And he patted Margie’s head again.
- Why was Margie disappointed?
- What did the country inspector do?
- Find a word from the passage, which is synonym of ‘mistake’. See Answers
III. Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow:
Margie did so with a sigh. She was thinking about the old schools they had when her grandfather’s grandfather was a little boy. All the kids from the whole neighborhood came, laughing and shouting in the schoolyard, sitting together in the schoolroom, going home together at the end of the day.
- What did Margie do with a sigh?
- What kind of school did grandfather’s grandfather attend?
- Give the name of the chapter from where this extract has been taken. See Answers
Answers for passages
Answers for Passage I:
- ‘They’ referred to Margie and Tommy who had found a real book with words that stood still instead of moving on screen.
- They were surprised because they had always read a telebook through computer or television screen. Now they had found a printed book with pages and words that did not move.
- They did not have any book but used to read everything on the screen.
- The book had yellow and crinkly pages.
Answers for Passage II:
- Margie was disappointed because the computer had been repaired quickly.
- The country inspector found the geography sector a little quickly. He slowed it down.
Answers for Passage III:
- Margie put her Math’s homework with a sigh.
- Grandfather’s grandfather attended a school which was not boring, all the kids came back to home with joy.
- ‘The Fun They Had’.