NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.3 Quadratic Equations. Download in Hindi Medium and English Medium free PDF file format. Class 10 Maths Solutions are in updated form for CBSE, MP Board & UP Board students following NCERT Books based on Latest CBSE Syllabus 2018-19 for the academic session 2018-19 onward. Download (Exercise 4.3) in PDF form to use it offline or go for online study given below.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.3
Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.3 English Medium
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.3 Quadratic Equations in English Medium free to use or download. Click here to to Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 to get all exercises. If you need Solutions in Hindi, CLICK HERE for Hindi Medium Solutions.
Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.3 Hindi Medium
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.3 Quadratic Equations in Hindi Medium to use online. Download options are given at the top of the page. Click here to to Class 10 Maths Chapter 4 to get all exercises. Go back to English Medium Solutions.
Word Problems with Answer on Quadratic Equations
- Sum of the areas of two squares is 400 cm². If the difference of their perimeters is 16 cm, find the sides of two squares. [Answer: 24 cm or 10 cm]
- The sum of the squares of two natural numbers is 29. If the second number is one more than twice the first number, find the numbers. [Answer: 2 and 5]
- The area of an isosceles triangle is 60 cm² and the length of each one of its equal sides is 13 cm. Find its base. [Answer: Length = 24 cm]
- A girl is twice as old as her sister. Four years hence the product of their ages (in years) will be 160.Find their present age. [Answer: 6 years, 12 years]
- Find three consecutive odd positive integers the sum of whose squares is 371. [Answer: 8, 11 and 13]
- A motor boat whose speed in still water is 18 km/hr takes 1 hour more to go 24 km upstream that to return downstream to the same spot. Find the speed of the stream. [Answer: 6 km/h]
- A fast train takes 3 hours less than a slow train for a journey of 600 km. If the speed of the slow train is 10 km/hr less than that of the fast train, find the speeds of the two trains. [Answer: 40 km/h, 50 km/h]
- A two digit number is such that the product of its digits is 35. When 18 is added to the number, the digits interchanged their places. Find the number. [Answer: 57]
- The numerator of a fraction is 3 less than the denominator. If 2 is added to both the numerator and the denominator, then the sum of the new fraction and the original fraction is 29/20. Find the original fraction. [Answer: 7/10]
- The difference of two natural numbers is 3 and the difference of their reciprocals is 3/28. Find the numbers. [Answer: 7, 4]
Extra Questions on Quadratic Equations
- A natural number, when increased by 12 equals 160 times its reciprocal. Find the number. [Answer: 8]
- Three consecutive positive integers are such that the sum of the square of the first and the product of other two is 46, find the integers. [Answer: 4, 5, 6]
- A two digit number is four times the sum and three time the product of its digits. Find the numbers. [Answer: 24]
- The age of a man is twice the square of the age of his son. Eight years hence, the age of the man will be 4 years more than three times the age of his son. Find their present ages. [Answer: Man = 32 years, son = 4 years]
- The hypotenuse of a grassy land in the shape of a right triangle is 1 metre more than twice the shortest side, if the third side is 7 metres more than the shortest side, find the sides of the grassy land. [Answer: 8m, 17m, 15m]
- In a class test, the sum of the marks obtained by Tiwari in Mathematics and Science is 28. Had he got 3 marks more in Mathematics and 4 marks less in Science, the product of his marks, would have been 180. Find the marks in the two subjects. [Answer: Marks in maths = 12, marks in science = 16]