NCERT Solutions for Class 1 Computer Chapter 2 Parts of Computer and their uses updated for CBSE session 2022-23. Grade 1 Computer Science chapter 2 teaches the students about the peripheral parts of a computer. It also describe the use of these parts.
Parts of a Computer
A computer has many parts. Main parts of a computer are
- Keyboard and
- CPU is the brain of a computer.
- It can understand a lot of things just like your brain.
- Full form of CPU is Central Processing Unit.
- CPU is the most important part of a computer.
- As we think with our brain, a computer thinks with its CPU.
- A monitor is like a Television screen.
- The alphabets which you type on the keyboard appear on the screen of monitor.
- It is also called Visual Display Unit (VDU).
- It looks like a T.V. but it is not a T.V.
- You can use the screen of monitor for playing games and watching movies also.
Keyboard is an instrument used for typing alphabets, numbers or symbols into the computer. Alphabet keys are same in a typewriter and in a computer keyboard. But there are many operational differences between a typewriter and a computer keyboard. Nowadays wireless keyboards are also available.
A mouse is used to move the pointer on the computer monitor.
It is connected to the CPU.
It has two or three buttons.
You can draw pictures by using it.
It also helps you in playing games.
Wireless mouse is also available.
Question for Practice
- Identify the following pictures and label them.
Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and CPU
- Write the correct words in the blank spaces from given jumbled words.
1. OUSEM ______
2. TERPUCOM ______
3. PCU _______
4. BORDAKEY _______
5. KEASPER _______
6. NITORMO _______
- What is the use of the following parts of computer?
Keyboard, CPU Mouse and Monitor