NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.1 (Ex. 2.1) Polynomials / Bahupad Hindi Medium and English Medium download in PDF format or View in Video Format free for new academic session 2022-2023. All the contents are free to use for all users without any long or password. UP Board students can take benefits of these solutions as they are using NCERT Books for their course. Explanation of all the questions are in Hindi and English medium with examples. Videos related to 10th Maths Ex. 2.1 solutions are also given below. Offline Solutions Apps 2022-23 are updated according to new CBSE Syllabus 2022-23 for Gujrat Board, CBSE / Uttarakhand & UP Board students studying NCERT Books 2022-23. Download (Exercise 2.1) in PDF form or use it online without download. Enjoy all the contents free of cost and use without any restrictions as all the contents on Tiwari Academy is free to use.
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.1
|Class: 10||Maths (English and Hindi Medium)|
|Chapter 2:||Exercise 2.1|
10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.1 Solutions
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.1 Polynomials in Hindi and English medium to use it online or download in PDF. If you find any difficulty or error in these solutions, please inform us. We are here to help you in education without any charges.
Class 10 Maths Exercise 2.1 Solution in Hindi Medium Video
Class 10 Maths Exercise 2.1 Solutions in Video
Important Terms related to Polynomials
1. Polynomial: If x is a variable, n is a natural number and a0, a1, a2, a3, ………. an are real numbers, then p(x) = an x^n + a^n-1. X^x-1 + ……… + a1 x + a0, (an ≠ 0) is called a polynomial in x.
2. Polynomials of degree 1, 2 and 3 are called linear, quadratic and cubic polynomials respectively.
3. A quadratic polynomial is an algebraic expression of the form ax² + bx + c, where a, b, c are real numbers with a ≠ 0.
4. Zeroes of a polynomial p(x) are precisely the x – coordinates of the points where the graph of y = p(x) intersects the x–axis, i.e., x = a is a zero of polynomial p(x) if p(a) = 0.
5. Division Algorithm states that given any polynomials p(x) and g(x), there exist polynomial q(x) and r(x) such that: p(x) = g(x). q(x) + r(x) ; g(x) ≠ 0, [where either r(x) = 0 or degree r(x) < degree g(x)] 6. A polynomial can have at most the same number of zeroes as the degree of the polynomial. 7. Relationship between zeroes and coefficients of a polynomial. If m and n are zeroes of p(x) ax² + bx + c (a ≠ 0), them Sum of zeroes = m + n = – b/a, Product of zeroes = mn = c/a 8. If m, n are zeroes of a quadratic polynomial p(x), then p(x) = k[x² – (sum of zeroes) x + product of zeroes] or p(x) = k [x² – (m + n)x +mn]; where k is any non-zero real number. 9. Graph of linear polynomial p(x) = ax + b is a straight line. (i) If one zero of a quadratic polynomial p(x) is negative of the other, then coefficient of x = 0. (ii) If zeroes of a quadratic polynomial p(x) are reciprocal of each other, then co-efficient of x² = constant term.
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS BASED ON POLYNOMIALS
1. What will be the number of zeroes of a linear polynomial p(x) if its graph (i) passes through the origin. (ii) doesn’t intersect or touch x-axis at any point? [Answer: (i) 1, (ii) 0]
2. Find the quadratic polynomial whose zeroes are 5 + 2√3 and 5 – 2√3. [Answer: x² – 10x + 13]
3. For what value of p, is – 4 a zero of the polynomial x² – 2x – (7p + 3)? [Answer: 3]
4. If one zero of p(x) = 4x² – (8k2 – 40k) x – 9 is negative of the other, find values of k. [Answer: k = 0, 5]
5. What number should be added to the polynomial x² – 5x + 4, so that 3 is a zero of polynomial so obtained? [Answer: 2]
Download NCERT Books and Offline apps based on new CBSE Syllabus. Ask your doubts and share your knowledge with your friends and other users through Discussion Forum.
Important Questions of 10th Maths Exercise 2.1
What is meant by degree of a polynomial?
If p(x) is a polynomial in x, the highest power of x in p(x) is called the degree of the polynomial p(x).
Which type of polynomial is called a linear polynomial?
A polynomial of degree 1 is called a linear polynomial.
What is a quadratic polynomial?
A polynomial of degree 2 is called a quadratic polynomial. The name QUADRATIC has been derived from the word QUADRATE, which means SQUARE.
Name the polynomial with degree three?
A polynomial of degree 3 is called a cubic polynomial.
What are the total number of questions in exercise 2.1 Class 10 Maths?
There is only 1 question in exercise 2.1 of class 10th mathematics chapter 2 (Polynomials) and this question contain 6 parts and all parts of this question are important.
How many examples are based on exercise 2.1 in 10th mathematics?
Only 1 example with 6 parts is based on exercise 2.1 (chapter 2 Polynomials) of class 10th mathematics and all parts of this example are important.
What students will learn in exercise 2.1 Class 10th mathematics?
In exercise 2.1 (chapter 2 Polynomials) of class 10th mathematics students will learn how to find zeroes of polynomial p(x) using graph of y = p(x).
Is exercise 2.1 of class 10th mathematics easy or difficult?
Exercise 2.1 (chapter 2 Polynomials) of class 10th mathematics is easy exercise. But difficulty level of anything varies from student to student. So, Exercise 2.1 (chapter 2 Polynomials) of class 10th mathematics is easy or not depends on students also. Some students find it difficult some find it easy or very easy.