NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.2
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.2 Polynomials (Class 10 Ex. 2.2) – Bahupad in Hindi Medium and English Medium free to download in PDF or study online without downloading, updated for new academic session 2021-22. Solutions are applicable for all the boards which are following the Textbooks of NCERT or equivalent books. For example, Uttar Pradesh Board, Prayagraj is now implemented NCERT Books for High School and Intermediate students. So, UP Board High School students can download UP Board Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.2 from this page. Videos related to 10th Maths Ex.2.2 are also given below just after the PDF solutions. You can view in Video Format solutions both in online format or in offline format (PDF). Download CBSE NCERT Solutions Apps 2021-22 based on updated NCERT Solutions for the session 2021-2022. Feel free to contact us for help. We are here to help the students in Education.
NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.2
|Class: 10||Maths (English and Hindi Medium)|
|Chapter 2:||Exercise 2.2|
10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.2 Solutions
Updated and simplified form of solutions fit for academic years 2021-22 as per CBSE Curriculum for CBSE board, Gujrat Board, MP Board and UP Board (High School – 2021-22) students using NCERT Books 2021-22. NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.2 Polynomials in English and Hindi Medium are given below. If you find any difficulty to understand these solutions, please specify us without any hesitation.
Class 10 Maths Exercise 2.2 Solution in Hindi Medium Video
Class 10 Maths Exercise 2.2 Question 1 Solutions in Video
Class 10 Maths Exercise 2.2 Question 2 Solutions in Video
Important Questions with Answers on Polynomials
- If one zero of the polynomial (a² + 9)x² + 13x + 6a is the reciprocal of the other, find the value of a. [Answer: a = 3]
- How many (i) maximum (ii) minimum number of zeroes can a quadratic polynomial have? [Answer: (i) 2, (ii) 0]
- What will be the number of real zeroes of the polynomial x² + 1? [Answer: 0]
- If α and β are zeroes of polynomial 6x² – 7x – 3, then form a quadratic polynomial where zeroes are 2α and 2β. [Answer: 3x² – 7x – 6]
- If α and 1/α are zeroes of 4x² – 17x + k – 4, find value of k. [Answer: k = 8]
- What will be the number of zeroes of the polynomials whose graphs are parallel to (i) y-axis (ii) x-axis. [Answer: (i) 1, (ii) 0]
- Divide 2x² + x – 20 by x + 3 and verify division algorithm.
- What will be number of zeroes of the polynomials whose graphs are either touching or intersecting the axis only at the points: (i) (–3, 0), (0, 2) & (3, 0) (ii) (0, 4), (0, 0) and (0, –4). [Answer: (i) 2, (ii) 1]
- If –3 is one of the zeroes of the polynomial (k– 1)x² + k x + 1, find the value of k. [Answer: 4/3]
- If α and β are the zeroes of the polynomial p(x) = x² + x + 1, find the value of α² + β². [Answer: -1]
Questions from Board Papers
1. If the product of zeroes of ax² – 6x – 6 is 4, find the value of a. Hence find the sum of its zeroes. [Answer: a = -3/2, sum of zeroes = – 4]
2. If α and β are zeroes of the polynomial x² – a(x + 1) – b such that (α + 1) (β + 1) = 0, find the value of b. [Answer: 1]
3. It is given that 1 is one of the zeroes of the polynomial 7x – x³ – 6. Find its other zeroes. [Answer: -3, 2]
4. If zeroes of x² – kx + 6 are in the ratio 3 : 2, find k. [Answer: -5, 5]
5. If one zero of the quadratic polynomial (k² + k)x² + 68x + 6k is reciprocal of the other, find k. [Answer: 5]
Download NCERT Books 2021-22 for offline use and ask your questions in Discussion Forum.
Important Questions of 10th Maths Exercise 2.2
What do you understand by value of p(x) at k?
If p(x) is a polynomial in x, and if k is any real number, then the value obtained by replacing x by k in p(x), is called the value of p(x) at x = k, and is denoted by p(k).
What is zero of a polynomial?
A real number k is said to be a zero of a polynomial p(x), if p(k) = 0.
How do we find the zeros of a quadratic polynomial graphically?
The zeroes of a quadratic polynomial ax² + bx + c, a ≠ 0, are precisely the x-coordinates of the points where the parabola representing y = ax² + bx + c intersects the x-axis.
How many zeros are there of a quadratic polynomial?
A polynomial of degree 2 has at most two zeroes.
What are the main topics in exercise 2.2 class 10th Maths to learn?
In exercise 2.2 (chapter 2 Polynomials) of class 10th mathematics students will learn the following things:
- How to find zeroes of quadratic polynomial.
- Relationship between zeroes and coefficients of quadratic polynomial.
- Relationship between zeroes and coefficients of cubic polynomial.
- How to find a quadratic polynomial, the sum and product of whose zeroes are given.
How many questions are there in exercise 2.2 of class 10th Mathematics?
There are in all 2 questions (each question have 6 parts) in exercise 2.2 of class 10th mathematics chapter 2 (Polynomials) and both the questions are important.
How many examples are there in exercise 2.2 of 10th Maths?
4 examples (example 2, 3, 4, 5) are based on exercise 2.2 (chapter 2 Polynomials) of class 10th mathematics. All examples are of different type and example 2, 3, 4 are important. If we compare examples with questions of exercise 2.2 then we can observe that example 2, 3 and question 1 are of same type. Example 4 and question 2 are of same type.
Is exercise 2.2 of 10th Maths easy?
Exercise 2.2 (chapter 2 Polynomials) of class 10th mathematics is not that easy and not that difficult it somewhere in middle of easy and difficult. But difficulty level of anything varies from student to student. So, Exercise 2.2 (chapter 2 Polynomials) of class 10th mathematics is easy or not depends on students also. Some students find it difficult some find it easy or some find it in middle of easy and difficult.