NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 4 Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations in Hindi and English Medium for CBSE session 2023-24. As per the new rationalised textbooks issued by NCERT, principle of mathematical induction chapter is deleted form syllabus. So, the complex numbers and quadratic equations become chapter 4 in academic year 2023-24.
Class 11 Maths Chapter 4 Solutions in English Medium
Class 11 Maths Exercise 4.1 Solutions in English
Class 11 Maths Chapter 4 Miscellaneous Exercise
Class 11 Maths Chapter 4 Solutions in Hindi Medium
Class 11 Maths Exercise 4.1 Solutions in Hindi
Class 11 Maths Chapter 4 Miscellaneous in Hindi
Class 11 Maths all Chapters Solutions
Class 11 all Subjects NCERT Solutions
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 4
UP Board and NCERT Class 11 Maths Solution Chapter 4 in Hindi Medium. Class 11 Maths chapter 4 Test of Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations 4.1 or Miscellaneous Exercise 4 in Hindi Medium is also available to or view online or download in PDF. Join the Discussion Forum to share your views. Get textbooks from NCERT (https://ncert.nic.in/) website and UP Board students can download UP Board Solutions for class 11 Chapter 4 here in PDF file format.
|Chapter 4:||Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations|
|Number of Exercises:||Two (1 + Miscellaneous)|
|Content:||Exercises Solution and Extra Questions|
|Mode:||Text and Online Videos|
|Academic Year:||Session 2023-24|
|Medium:||English and Hindi Medium|
11th Maths Chapter 4 Solutions
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 4 Complex Numbers Exercise 4.1 and miscellaneous exercise are given below in updated format for current academic session. All Solutions are updated for CBSE Exam 2021 based on new CBSE Curriculum 2023-24 for CBSE Board, MP Board, Gujrat UP Board, Uttarakhand Board and Bihar Board, who are following NCERT Books for their exams.
What is meant by Argand plane?
The coordinate plane that represents the complex numbers is called the complex plane or the Argand plane.
Important Terms on Complex Numbers
1. A number of the form z = a + ib, where a, b are real numbers, is called a complex number. a is called the real part of z, denoted by Re(z) and b is called the imaginary part of z, denoted by Im(z).
2. a + ib = c + id if a = c, and b = d
3. If z1 = a + ib, z2 = c + id. In general, we cannot compare and say that z1> z2 or z1< z2 but if b, d = 0 and a > c then z1> z2, i.e. we can compare two complex numbers only if they are purely real.
- i). z = 0 + i 0 is additive identity of a complex number.
- ii). –z = –a –ib is called the Additive Inverse or negative of z = a + ib.
- iii). z = 1 + i 0 is multiplicative identity of complex number.
Feedback & Suggestions
NCERT Exemplar Problems are the books issued by CBSE, containing high level quality questions which provides good practice for school terminal exams as well as internal assessment exams. After completing the chapter from NCERT Books, everyone must go for NCERT Exemplar Books for practice.
Important Questions on 11th Maths Chapter 4
Express the following complex number in the form a + ib: i⁹ + i¹⁹
i⁹ + i¹⁹
= (i⁴)².i + (i⁴)⁴.i².i
= (1)².i + (1)⁴.(-1).i [∵ i⁴ = 1 and i² = – 1]
= i – i = 0 = 0 + i0
Solve the following equation: 2x² + x + 1 = 0.
The given quadratic equation is 2x² + x + 1 = 0.
On comparing the given equation with ax² + bx + c = 0, we obtain a = 2, b = 1, and c = 1
So, the discriminant of the given equation is given by
D = b² – 4ac = 1² – 4×2×1 = -7
Therefore, the required solutions are
x = (-b±√D)/2a = (-1 ± √(-7))/(2×2) = (-1±√7. √(-1))/4 = (-1±√7 i)/4
For any further suggestion or complain, you can Contact Us according to your convenience. We try to respond each and every user, sooner or later, depending on availability of time. Download NCERT Solutions Offline Apps to use it without internet.
Which main topics will students study in chapter 4 of class 11th Maths?
The main topics that students will study in chapter 4 of class 11th Maths are:
- What are complex numbers?
- Algebra of complex numbers (Addition two complex numbers, Difference two complex numbers, Multiplication two complex numbers, Division of two complex numbers).
- Power of i.
- The square root of a negative real number.
- The modulus and the conjugate of a complex number.
- Argand plane and polar representation.
- Quadratic equations.
How many problems are there in chapter 4 of class 11th Maths?
Chapter 4 of grade 11th Maths has 2 exercises. The first exercise (Ex 5.1) has 6 examples (examples 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) and 14 questions. The second or last (miscellaneous) exercise has five examples (examples 12, 13, 14, 15, 16) and 20 questions. So, there are 44 problems (10 examples and 34 questions) in chapter 4 of class 11th Maths.
Which problems of chapter 4 of class 11th Maths are expected for exams?
Problems of chapter 4 of class 11th Maths that are most important for the exams are:
1. Questions 10 and 14 of exercise 4.1.
2. Questions 4, 5, 10, 11, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 of miscellaneous exercise on chapter 4.
5. Examples 9, 11, 16, 14, 15, and 16.
Is chapter 4 of class 11th Maths complicated?
Chapter 4 of class 11th mathematics is not easy and not complicated. It lies in the middle of easy and hard because some problems of this chapter are easy, and some are difficult. But difficulty level of any chapter varies from student to student. So, Chapter 4 of class 11th mathematics is easy or not depends on students also. Some students find it hard, some find it simple, and some find it in the middle of simple and hard.