Class 12 Business Studies Chapter 12 MCQ and Important Questions of Consumer Protection updated for new session 2023-24. Students of Class 12 can take help in Business Studies Chapter 12 using these MCQ and extra question answers. Class 12 Business Studies Chapter 12 Solutions.
Class 12 Business Studies Chapter 12 MCQ
The new law relating to Consumer Protection is titled Consumer Protection Act
If a consumer enquires about the quality of goods, price of goods, discount being offered- he is exercising the following rights
If a consumer after making the enquiry as given question 2 above gets a discount of 15%, What responsibility has been exercised by the consumer so as to get that discount?
The pet cat of Garima fell ill because the packaging of the food material serve to her did not mention the correct procedure of how to mx water with the solid food. Which right of the consumer was violated by the company?
Importance of Consumer Protection
1. Consumers’ Ignorance: In order to save consumers from exploitation, consumer protection is needed.
2. Unorganised Consumers: In our country consumers are still unorganised and there is lack of consumer organisations also, thus consumer protection is required.
3. Widespread Exploitation of Consumers: Consumers are exploited on large scale by means of various unfair trade practices and consumer protection is required to protect them from exploitation.
Under the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 there is ……. tier (levels) mechanism for consumer redressal.
As per Consumer Protection Act 2019, Who is not a consumer?
In case an aggrieved consumer is not satisfied with the decision of the State Commission, he can make further appeal in
Consumer Protection Act 1986 is about consumer rights and to provide them legal protection. According to it consumer is defined as follows:
1. Any person who buys any goods for a consideration. It includes any user of such goods with the approval of the buyer. But it does not include a person who obtains goods for resale or any commercial purpose.
2. Any person who avails any services for a consideration. It includes any beneficiary of such services but it does not include a person who avails such service for any commercial purpose.
Once a worm was found in noodles of a famous company and similarly insect was found in soft drink of a company. The consumer should exercise which right. So that in future health hazard is not caused to any consumer?
Mahendra invested a large amount to purchase a flat. He could not get possession of the flat as promised. He, therefore, filed a case with the state commission. Identify the right Act exercising by the consumer.
An insurance company was fined by the competent redressal forum for not sharing complete details at the time of proposal to issue a policy. Violation of what right of consumer lead to fine being imposed?
Announcement of messages like “Jaago Grahak Jaago” via radio and T.V. is a measure of promotion of the following right.
Rights of a Consumer
Consumer Protection Act, 1986 has provided following six rights to the consumers:
- Right to Safety.
- Right to be Informed.
- Right to choose.
- Right to be heard.
- Right to Seek Redressal.
- Right to consumer education.
Which of the following activities are part of Consumer Protection?
Suppose water supply in a particular city is not up to the mark and people are getting bad quality water- but they are made to pay for that also. Will the organization supplying water (if it is government organization) be penalized for deficiency of service.
Purchasing Hallmark gold jewelry only shows the following responsibilities of consumers
Duties of a Consumer
- 1. Consumer must exercise his rights.
- 2. Consumer must be a Cautious consumer.
- 3. Consumer must file a complaint in an appropriate forum in case of any shortcoming in product or service availed.
- 4. Consumer must insist on cash memo to file a complaint.
- 5. Consumer must be quality conscious.
- 6. Consumer must exercise his legal right.
In which forum can a consumer file a case against the seller if the claim amount is INR 1 crore?
A consumer passed away after getting a surgery which was performed wrongly. Who cannot filed a case in this regard with the appropriate forum?
Which function or functions do Consumer Protection organization carry out?
The right to get compensation is known as
Role of Consumer organisations
1. Educating the general public about consumer rights.
2. Publishing periodical and other publications to educate consumers.
3. Providing legal assistance to consumers.
4. Producing films on food adulteration, misuse of drugs and other similar facts.
5. Filing complaints in appropriate consumer courts on behalf of consumers.
6. Encouraging consumers to take on action against unfair trade practices.
7. Taking an initiative in filing cases in consumer courts.
Is there equal weightage to all MCQ?
Generally yes. However, sometimes some MCQs in competitive exams may carry more marks.
Is it sufficient to follow the MCQ given here for practice?
There no end to knowledge. Knowledge is like a see-fathomless/boundless. We have given adequate number of questions on our website. You are expected to revise the entire chapter before attempting the MCQs.
What is yet another precaution while attempting MCQ?
Sometimes the question will be framed in the following manner
Identify which among the following is not a consumer. Notice the use of the word not in the question. So observe the question carefully. Do not rush to answer the question.