NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.2 Determinants in Hindi Medium as well as English Medium. These 12th Maths solutions are design for all the students studying in Hindi or English medium and updated for new academic session 2022-2023. Students of UP board also can use these solutions for their board exams. The UP board books for 12th Maths are same as NCERT Books. So they can download U Board solutions for Class 12 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.2 from the links given below. All the Solutions are based on latest academic Curriculum 2022-2023. Exercise 4.2 is mainly based on the properties of determinants. Questions are solved using simple steps and suitable properties of determinants. Videos related to each question of Class 12 Maths ex. 4.2 are also given just below the PDF solutions.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.2
|Class: 12||Maths (English and Hindi Medium)|
|Chapter 4:||Exercise 4.2|
12th Maths Exercise 4.2 Solutions
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths Chapter 4 Exercise 4.2 Determinants English & Hindi Medium are given to free to use or download in PDF form for session 2022-2023. All the questions are solved or proved using suitable properties and NCERT Books method. There may be another way to solve these questions. In this exercise almost all the questions are solved on the basis of the properties of determinants. Students can solve and prove these questions by other methods also. UP Board students can use this solutions for their exams also. If you need help regarding to NIOS or CBSE education, please visit to discussion forum.
Class 12 Maths Exercise 4.2 Question 1, 2, 3, 4 in Video
Class 12 Maths Exercise 4.2 Question 5, 6 in Video
Class 12 Maths Exercise 4.2 Question 7, 8(i) in Video
Class 12 Maths Exercise 4.2 Question 8(II), 9 in Video
Class 12 Maths Exercise 4.2 Question 10, 11(i) in Video
Class 12 Maths Exercise 4.2 Question 11(II),12 in Video
Class 12 Maths Exercise 4.2 Question 13, 14 in Video
Class 12 Maths Exercise 4.2 Question 15, 16 in Video
Class 12 Maths Exercise 4.2 Solution in Hindi Videos
Properties of Determinants
1. The value of transpose of any determinant remains unchanged.
2. If we interchange any two row or column, the sign of determinant get changed.
3. The value of determinant will be zero, if any two row or two column are identical or any row or column having all elements zero.
4. If elements of a row or a column in a determinant can be expressed as sum of two or more elements, then the given determinant can be expressed as sum of two or more determinants.
5. If we multiply determinant with a constant k, its value become k times.
Feedback & Suggestions
There may be two or more ways to do the same question. Therefore, students should practice the properties of determinants well by doing each question in different ways. The properties of Saraniks can be learned only with maximum practice. You can suggest us to modify the solutions, so that it become more user friendly.
Ask your doubts related to NIOS Online Admission or CBSE Board queries and share your knowledge with your friends and other users through Discussion Forum. Download CBSE NCERT Books and Apps for offline use.
Important Questions of 12th Maths Exercise 4.2
What happened to the value of determinant if its rows and columns are interchanged?
The value of the determinant remains unchanged if its rows and columns are interchanged.
How will the value of determinant effected if any two rows (or columns) of a determinant are interchanged?
If any two rows (or columns) of a determinant are interchanged, then sign of determinant changes.
How will you solve a determinant which have identical elements in two rows or column?
If any two rows (or columns) of a determinant are identical (all corresponding elements are same), then value of determinant is zero.
Is Exercise 4.2 considerd as most difficult in class 12 Maths Chapter 4?
Exercise 4.2 of 12th Maths is based on properties of determinants. If someone knows the properties properly the exercise 4.2 become easy one otherwise it is too difficult.
How many main properties are there in Class 12 Maths Exercise 4.2?
There are 6 main properties in Class 12 Maths Exercise 4.2. We solve most of the identities using these properties.
What properties will students learn in exercise 4.2 of class 12th Maths?
In exercise 4.2 of class 12th Maths, students will learn the following properties:
Properties of Determinants
- The value of the determinant remains unchanged if its rows and columns are interchanged.
- If any two rows (or columns) of a determinant are interchanged, then sign of determinant changes.
- If any two rows (or columns) of a determinant are identical (all corresponding elements are same), then value of determinant is zero.
- If each element of a row (or a column) of a determinant is multiplied by a constant k, then its value gets multiplied by k.
- If some or all elements of a row or column of a determinant are expressed as sum of two (or more) terms, then the determinant can be expressed as sum of two (or more) determinants.
- If, to each element of any row or column of a determinant, the equimultiples of corresponding elements of other row (or column) are added, then value of determinant remains the same.
How to score full marks in exercise 4.2 of 12th Maths?
Exercise 4.2 of class 12th Maths contains 11 examples (examples 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16) and 16 questions. All questions and examples of this exercise are most important from the exam point of view. So, to score full marks in exercise 4.2 of grade 12th Maths, students should honestly practice these questions and examples. These questions can come in 4 to 6 marks in the board exams.
How many days are needed to complete exercise 4.2 of grade 12th Maths?
If students can give 2 hours per day to exercise 4.2 of class 12th Maths, they need 4-5 days to complete exercise 4.2 of class 12th Maths. This time is an approximate time. This time can vary because no students can have the same working speed, efficiency, capability, etc.
Is exercise 4.2 of class 12th Maths challenging?
Yes, exercise 4.2 of class 12th Maths is challenging. Most of the students face problems while solving questions of this exercise. This exercise is interesting, and logical. This exercise requires complete concentration. Also, this exercise helps in increasing the thinking ability of students.