NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 8 Quadrilaterals in English Medium and Hindi Medium updated for new academic session 2022-2023.
Class 9 Maths Chapter 8 Solutions in English Medium
Class 9 Maths Exercise 8.1 in English
Class 9 Maths Exercise 8.2 in English
Class 9 Maths Chapter 8 Solutions in Hindi Medium
Class 9 Maths Exercise 8.1 in Hindi
Class 9 Maths Exercise 8.2 in Hindi
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 8
UP Board students are now using NCERT Books for UP board course. So, they also take the help from these 9th Maths solutions. Download UP Board Solutions for class 9 Maths Chapter 8 in Hindi Medium free. Class 9 Maths Solutions 2022-2023 are in Hindi Medium and English Medium for all the students following NCERT Books 2022-23 for the academic session 2022-2023. NCERT (https://ncert.nic.in/) Solutions for all other subjects are also available in downloadable form. Videos related to each questions and Ex. 8.1 and Ex. 8.2 are also given with complete descriptions. Download Class 9 Maths App for Offline use or Download Kaksha 9 Ganit App for offline use.
9th Maths Chapter 8 Solutions in English & Hindi Medium
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 8 Exercise 8.1 & 8.2 sols in English as well as medium for CBSE, UP Board, Uttarakhand, Bihar and Gujrat board, wherever the NCERT Books 2022-23 are prescribed as a course book. Download Offline Apps for session 2022-23, which work well even without internet.
Class 9 Maths Exercise 8.1 Solution in Hindi Medium
|Chapter: 8||NCERT Solution|
|Content Mode:||Videos and Text|
|Medium:||English and Hindi Medium|
Class 9 Maths Chapter 8 Practice Questions with Solution
What are the properties of a parallelogram?
In a parallelogram
Opposite sides are equal
Opposite angles are equal
Diagonals bisect each other.
In which type of quadrilaterals, diagonals bisect each other?
The diagonals of following quadrilateral bisect each other:
Important Notes on 9th Maths Chapter 8
- Sum of the all angles of a quadrilateral is 360.
- A quadrilateral in which one pair of opposite sides are parallel, is called trapezium.
- A quadrilateral in which both pairs of opposite sides are parallel, is called parallelogram.
- A parallelogram in which one of its angle is right angle, is called a rectangle.
- A parallelogram in which all side are equal, is called rhombus.
Important Questions on 9th Maths Chapter 8
The angles of quadrilateral are in the ratio 3 : 5 : 9 : 13. Find all the angles of the quadrilateral.
Let the first angle = 3x
the second angle = 5x,
Third angle = 9x and
Fourth angle = 13x
Sum of all angles of a quadrilateral is 360°.
Therefore, 3x + 5x + 9x + 13x = 360°
⇒ 30x = 360°
⇒ x = (360°)/30 =12°
The first angle = 3 × 12° =36°,
The second angle = 5 × 12° = 60°,
Third angle = 9 × 12° = 108°
The forth angle = 13 × 12° = 156°
If the diagonals of a parallelogram are equal, then show that it is a rectangle.
Given: ABCD is a parallelogram with AC = BD.
To Prove: ABCD is a rectangle.
Solution: In ΔABC and ΔBAD,
BC = AD [∵ Opposite sides of a parallelogram are equal]
AC = BD [∵ Given] AB = AB [∵ Common]
Hence, ΔABC ≅ ΔBAD [∵SSS Congruency rule]
∠ABC = ∠BAD [∵ CPCT] But, ∠ABC + ∠BAD = 180° [∵ Co-interior angles]
⇒ 2∠BAD = 180° [∵ ∠ABC = ∠BAD]
⇒ ∠BAD = (180°)/2 = 90°
A parallelogram with one of its angle is 90° is a rectangle.
Hence, ABCD is a rectangle.
Show that if the diagonals of a quadrilateral bisect each other at right angles, then it is a rhombus.
Given: ABCD is a quadrilateral in which AO = CO, BO = DO and ∠COD = 90°.
To prove: ABCD is a rhombus.
Solution: In ΔAOB and ΔAOD,
BO = DO [∵ Given]
∠AOB = ∠AOD [∵ Each 90°]
AO = AO [∵ Common]
Hence, ΔAOB ≅ ΔAOD [∵SAS Congruency rule]
AB = AD [∵ CPCT]
Similarly, AB = BC and BC = CD
Now, all the four sides of quadrilateral ABCD are equal.
Hence, ABCD is a rhombus.
6. A rectangle with all sides equal, is a square.
7. Diagonals of parallelogram divides it into two congruent triangles.
8. The line segment joining the mid-points of two sides of a triangle is parallel to the third side and is half of it.
9. A line drawn through the mid-point of a side of a triangle parallel to another side bisects the third side.
10. The quadrilateral formed by joining the mid-points of the sides of a quadrilateral, taken in order, is a parallelogram.
How many questions and examples are there in chapter 8, Quadrilaterals of 9th Maths?
Chapter 8 Quadrilaterals of 9th Maths has two exercises. In the first exercise (Ex 8.1), there are 6 examples and 12 questions. The second exercise (Ex 8.2) contains two examples and 7 questions. So, there are 8 examples and 19 questions in chapter 8.
What are the main topics that students will study in chapter 8 of grade 9th Maths?
Topics that students will study in chapter 8 of grade 9th Maths are:
- 1. Meaning of quadrilateral.
- 2. Angle sum property of a quadrilateral.
- 3. Types of quadrilateral (Trapezium, Parallelogram, Rectangle, Rhombus, Square, Kite).
- 4. Area of a Parallelogram.
- 5. Properties of a parallelogram.
- 6. The Mid-point theorem.
- 7. The converse of Mid-point theorem.
What are some real-life examples in Chapter 8 of 9th Maths quadrilaterals?
Some real-life examples of quadrilaterals are:
- The floor.
- Windows of your classroom.
- The blackboard.
- Each face of the duster.
- Each page of your book.
- The top of your study table.
Is chapter 8 Quadrilaterals of class 9th Maths easy or difficult to solve and understand?
Chapter 8 of class 9th maths is a little difficult to solve and understand because this chapter contains proving questions. However, the difficulty level of any topic varies from student to student. So, Chapter 8 of class 9th maths is easy or difficult depends on students also. Some students find it difficult, and some find it easy.
Does chapter 8 of class 9th Maths contain any theorem?
Yes, chapter 8 of class 9th Maths contains theorems. There are ten theorems in chapter 8. All the theorems are nice and easy.