NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 15 Communication Systems Exercises Solutions to Study Online without downloading or download in PDF form to use it offline. Download NCERT Books and its Solutions for other subjects also.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 15
- 12 Physics Chapter 15: Communication Systems
- Study Online: Exercises Question Answers
- Download Exercises Solutions
- Practice Questions for Competitive Exams
- NCERT Book Chapter 15
- NCERT Answers
- Revision Book Chapter 15
- Revision Book Answers
- Revision Notes 1
- Revision Notes 2
12 Physics Chapter 15 Exercises
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 15 Communication Systems exercises are given below to use it online. Click here to go to 12 Physics main page.
- The em wave radiated from antenna which are transmitted through space along the ground. If a radio wave from the transmitting antenna reaches to the receiving antenna either directly or after reflection from the ground, it is called a ground wave.
- The maximum range of ground wave propagation depends upon. (i) the frequency of transmitted wave
(ii) the power of the transmitter.
- Why is the transmission of signals using ground wave communication restricted to a frequency of 1500 kHz?
- Why are repeaters used in communication? [Answer: Repeater is the combination of a transmitter an amplifier and a receiver which picks up re-transmits it to the receiver sometimes with a change of carrier frequency. Multiple repeaters helps in extending the range of communication system.]
- Write two differences between point to point communication and broadcast mode of communication. Give one example of each.
- What does ‘LOS communciation¹ mean? Name the types of waves that are used for this communication. Give typical examples, with the help of suitable figure, of communication systems that use space mode propagation.
- An amplitude modulator consist of L–C circuit having a coil of inductance 8mH and capacitance of 5pF. If an audio signal of frequency 10kHz is modulated by the carrier wave generated by the L–C circuit, find the
frequency of upper and lower side bands.
- A communication system is operating at wavelength λ = 750 nm. If only 1% of the frequency is used as channel bandwidth for optical communication then find the number of channels that can be accommodated for transmission of an Video T.V. signal requiring a bandwidth of 4.5 KHz. 9. A message signal of frequency 10 kHz and peak voltage of 10 volts is used to modulate a carrier of frequency 1 MHz and peak voltage of 20 volts. Determine (a) modulation index, (b) the side bands produced.
- For an amplitude modulated wave, the maximum amplitude is found to be 10 V while the minimum amplitude is found to be 2 V. Determine the modulation index, μ.
- A transmitting antenna at the top of a tower has a height 32m and the height of the receiving antenna is 50m. What is the maximum distance between them for satisfactory communication in LOS mode?