NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 4 Materials: Metals and Non-Metals (अध्याय 4: पदार्थ: धातु और अधातु) Study online or View in Video Format as well as download in PDF form. NCERT Solutions of other subjects are also available.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 4
Visit to Class 8 Science Main page
Materials: Metals and Non-Metals: Question answers
- View Online NCERT Solutions Chapter 4
- Multiple Choice Questions with answers
- View in Video Format
- Download NCERT Solutions Chapter 4
- Download NCERT Book Chapter 4
- Download Exemplar Book Chapter 4
- Download Answers Chapter 4
- Download 8 Science App
Class 8 Science Chapter 4 Exercises Answers
NCERT Solutions for class 8 Science chapter 4 Materials: Metals and Non-metals is given below to view online. Visit to View in Video Format or Class 8 Science Main page or Top of the page. Download 8 Science App for offline use.
8 Science Chapter 4 Solutions in Video
NCERT Solutions for class 8 Science Chapter 4 explanation with question answers in video format with complete description. Download 8 Science App for offline use.
Important Questions with answers
1. The substance that will be flattened on beating with a hammer is
(a) crystal of iodine
(b) lump of sulphur
(c) piece of coal
(d) zinc granule
2. Generally metallic oxides are basic and non-metallic oxides are acidic in nature. Solution of which of the following oxides in water will change the colour of blue litmus to red?
(a) sulphur dioxide
(b) magnesium oxide
(c) iron oxide
(d) copper oxide
3. Boojho has learnt that non-metals on beating with a hammer are generally broken into pieces. Which of the following is a nonmetal?
(a) iron nail
(b) aluminium wire
(c) copper plate
(d) piece of coal
4. Metals are generally hard. Which of the following metals is an exception and can be cut with a knife?
5. The metal which produces hydrogen gas on reaction with dilute hydrochloric acid as well as sodium hydroxide solution is
6. Metals are generally solid. Which of the following metals is in the liquid state at room temperature?
7. Metals generally react with dilute acids to produce hydrogen gas. Which one of the following metals does not react with dilute hydrochloric acid?
8. Which of the following non-metals reacts and catches fire on exposure to air?
9. Materials which can be drawn into wires are called ductile. Which of the following is not a ductile material?
10. Which of the following property is not responsible for copper to be used as electrical conduction wires?
(c) good conductor of electricity
(d) it is solid
- 1 (d)
- 2 (a)
- 3 (d)
- 4 (b)
- 5 (c)
- 6 (a)
- 7 (d)
- 8 (a)
- 9 (c)
- 10 (b)
- Download Class 8 Science App
- Download Class 8 Maths App
- Download कक्षा 8 गणित App