NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Chemical Effects of Electric Current in Hindi and English Medium to Study online or download free in PDF format updated for new session 2023-24. NCERT Textbook Solutions as well as Offline Apps class 8 of other subjects are also available based on rationalised NCERT books issued for academic year 2023-24..
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 11
Class 8 Science Chapter 11 NCERT Solutions
- Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Question Answers
- Class 8 Science Chapter 11 in Hindi Medium
- Class 8 Science Chapter 11 MCQ
- Class 8 Science Chapter 11 NCERT Book
- Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Exemplar Book
- Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Exemplar Answers
- Class 8 Science NCERT Solutions
- Class 8 all Subjects NCERT Solutions
|Chapter 11:||Chemical Effects of Electric Current|
|Content Type:||Text, PDF and Videos|
|Medium:||Hindi and English Medium|
Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Solution and Explanation in Hindi
Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Answers
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Chemical Effects of Electric Current is given below updated for CBSE Session 2023-24. Video Format solution is also available. Download 8 Science App in English and Hindi for offline use.
Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Solution and Explanation
Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Important Questions for Practice
Does pure water conduct electricity? If not, what can we do to make it conducting?
Pure or distilled water does not contain salts. Therefore it is a poor conductor of electricity. We can add impurities like salt, lemon juice, vinegar etc. to make it conducting.
In case of a fire, before the firemen use the water hoses, they shut off the main electrical supply for the area. Explain why they do this.
The water usually contain salts and is a good conductor of electricity. To save themselves and others from electric shock and to avoid any short circuit, firemen shut off the main electrical supply for the area.
When the free ends of a tester are dipped into a solution, the magnetic needle shows deflection. Can you explain the reason?
The deflection of magnetic needle indicates electric current is flowing through the wire. It means the liquid or the solution is a good conductor of electricity. When the free ends of a tester are dipped into a solution, electric circuit is completed and an electric current passes through the solution.
Is it safe for the electrician to carry out electrical repairs outdoors during heavy downpour? Explain.
No it is very risky and unsafe to carry out electric repairs outdoors during heavy downpour. Water (when impure) is a good conductor of electricity and there are chances of getting electric shock.
Class 8 Science Chapter 11 MCQ with Answers
1. An electric current can produce
(a) heating effect only.
(b) chemical effect only.
(c) magnetic effect only.
(d) chemical, heating, and magnetic effects.
2. Boojho’s uncle has set up an electroplating factory near his village. He should dispose off the waste of the factory
(a) in the nearby river.
(b) in the nearby pond.
(c) in the nearby cornfield.
(d) according to the disposal guidelines of the local authority.
3. Which one of the following solutions will not conduct electricity?
(a) lemon juice
(c) tap water
(d) vegetable oil
4. When electric current is passed through a conducting solution, there is a change of colour of the solution. This indicates
(a) the chemical effect of current.
(b) the heating effect of current.
(c) the magnetic effect of current.
(d) the lightning effect of current.
5. Fill in the blanks
(a) The object to be electroplated is taken as ____________ electrode.
(b) One of the most common applications of chemical effect of electric current is ______________.
(c) Small amount of a mineral salt present naturally in water makes it a______________ of electricity.
(d) Electroplating of ______________ is done on objects like water taps and cycle bell to give them a shiny appearance.
6. Name the effect of current responsible for the glow of the bulb in an electric circuit.
7. Paheli wants to deposit silver on an iron spoon. She took silver nitrate (AgNO3) solution in a beaker and setup a simple circuit for electroplating. Which terminal of the battery should the spoon be connected to? What material should the other electrode be made of?
8. An electric current is passed through a conducting solution. List any three possible observations.
Answers of Important Questions
5 (a) Cathode (c) Conductor (b) Electroplating (d) Chromium
6 Heating effect of electric current.
7 The spoon should be connected to the negative terminal of the battery. The other electrode should be made of silver.
8 Bubbles of gas may be formed on the electrodes. Deposits of metal may be seen on electrodes. Change in the colour of the solution may take place. The solution may get heated.(Any three).
Ask your doubts related to NIOS or CBSE Board and share your knowledge with your friends and other users through Discussion Forum. Download CBSE NCERT Books and Apps for offline use.